Complaint Review: Megapath

• Updated: Wed, July 06, 2011

• Reported By: Jamory — New York New York United States of America
Megapath

Megapath Speakeasy, Covad Won't refund money they admit they owe me, Internet

I was a customer of Speakeasy -- a DSL provider -- for ten years, and valued them for their excellent customer service. In fact, I paid a high price for a slow service because their representatives were always so helpful. Then Speakeasy was bought by Megapath, and everything changed.

In May, 2011 I decided to cancel the service. I was left with a credit of $114 in my account. They freely admit that this is money that should be refunded to me. However, so far seven phone calls have not produced any action. The support personnel are invariably pleasant, intelligent, and responsive, and they try their best to be helpful. However, they confess that they cannot get any response from their accounting department, they cannot give me the name of anyone to contact there, nor can they give me any email addresses or phone numbers.

It is my impression that the company has no intention of refunding my money -- remember, they freely admit that they ought to -- and they just hope I will get weary of trying and go away. That is not going to happen. I just sent off a letter to the CEO, we'll see if that helps.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2011 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Megapath/internet/Megapath-Speakeasy-Covad-Wont-refund-money-they-admit-they-owe-me-Internet-749753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Megapath