Complaint Review: Meijer - Kokomo, IN

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 30, 2008

• Reported By:Kokomo Indiana
Meijer - Kokomo, IN
2301 E. Markland Kokomo, Indiana U.S.A.

Meijer - Kokomo, IN Unfair policy for exchanging items. Kokomo Indiana

*Consumer Comment: What are you complaining about???!!

*Consumer Suggestion: THE OLD EVEN EXCHANGE

I purchased a pair of in-line skates for my daughter as a birthday gift from Meijer in Kokomo, Indiana. On her birthday, she unwrapped the gift, tried to put the skates on, and realized they were too small. No big deal, I thought. I'll just exchange them for a larger size. I returned to the store with the skates, but unfortunately could not find my receipt. I still didn't think it would be an issue, since I wasn't returning them...only exchanging for another pair of the same skates in a larger size.

I was informed that I could exchange them, but only if I paid the difference of whatever the lowest price they had ever sold the skates for on sale, and the current price. So, to make an EVEN EXCHANGE, they expected me to pay an extra $8+. I could understand if I had been returning the skates for cash without a receipt why they may only give me the lowest price they had ever sold them for, but not to make an even exchange in a different size.

So, my daughter's skates ended up costing me about $8 more than the HIGHEST price they had ever sold them for. This is a completely unfair policy.

Outraged
Kokomo, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2008 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meijer-Kokomo-IN/Kokomo-Indiana-46902/Meijer-Kokomo-IN-Unfair-policy-for-exchanging-items-Kokomo-Indiana-352518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meijer - Kokomo, IN

What are you complaining about???!!

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

You tried to 'exchange' the skates without any proof of purchase, and they LET you within the terms of their policies. It is NOT their fault that you are not responsible enough to hold onto your receipt.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

THE OLD EVEN EXCHANGE

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

an even exchange..............but just a little different. size, color, brand, whatever. does that sound even to you. what do you think that would do to inventory. an even exchange is if you buy a size 8 white skates and they were defective and you went back to the store and wanted another size 8 white skate in the exact same style. other than that there is nothing even about it. don't you people get it. they are a retail store not the garage sale next door. how many times have you been told to save your receipts. if you paid with a check or paid with any kind of electronic funds transfer they could give you the correct price and a raincheck for the new size.(even if you don't have a receipt) and they should do that. if they don't then ask for the store director.