Complaint Review: Meijer

• Updated: Tue, December 04, 2012

• Reported By: AcePhoenix — Springfield Illinois United States of America
Meijer
2929 Walker Ave., NW Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America

Meijer Bad Business Practice - Company Never Intended to Honor Advertisement Grand Rapids, Michigan

We placed an order for a Matchbox Mega Rig Shark Ship Set (UPC# 027084459425) on 11/29/12 with Meijer online.  Order Number:  WEB1809734 was confirmed (the same day the ad started).  On 12/02/12, we received an e-mail advising item/order had been cancelled. Reason Code: Unable to process item.  I called Meijer online (1-877-363-4537) and spoke with a Cheryl.  The explanation given to me was that vendor was unable to fulfill the order.  This was unsatisfactory.  Called Corporate (1-800-543-3704) and spoke to another Cheryl.  I was given the same explanation.  I told her, "We live in an electronic age where when you order, you know immediately if you have something in stock.  So why was the order confirmed if you never had it in stock?" She said that when we ordered it, it may have been in stock, but they ran out when fulfilling the orders."  1) That shouldn't be my problem--and they should have made an effort to put me on a waiting list or obtain the item from vendor--which they did not (2) My position is that this store put these ads out as a "loss leader" type for the sole purpose of getting traffic to their website with no intention of ever honoring the sales.  I recently switched from Wal-Mart a few months ago to Meijers for all our grocery shopping, but this "stint" by Meijer, if not resolved will cost them our business, which amounts to approximately $550 -$ 650 a month in groceries (far more than a $19.99 toy).  While the representatives for Meijer were polite, they clearly conveyed an "I don't care" attitude.  This type of unethical practice and lack of ownership mentality does a great disservice to their company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meijer/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49544-9424/Meijer-Bad-Business-Practice-Company-Never-Intended-to-Honor-Advertisement-Grand-Rapids-977803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meijer