Complaint Review: Meijer

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 14, 2009

• Reported By:Fishers Indiana
Meijer
96th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Meijer Consisistent Over-charging Indianapolis Indiana

*Author of original report: Promises...

During the course of the last five weeks I have been overcharged for items on no less than three occasions. While I may have not caught every item for which I have been overcharged; those I did catch I received a refund.

On the last occasion I decided to bring it to the managers attention that it appeared that they had rather poor pricing practices. He stated that, "The prices in the register are correct." I told him that like other shoppers, I made my purchase decisions based upon the prices he displayed on the shelves.

I asked him if the overcharging was by design or due to sloppiness. He responded by saying, "Sloppiness." He then stated that often the prices in the registers are updated [raised] before they can change the prices on the shelves.

There has been occasion where the price in the register on an item was $2.00 higher than the price posted where the merchandise was displayed. Hard to believe but true.

I emailed my concern to the corporate office for Meijer and received a pleasant generic response from Rose that they would forward my concerns to the unit about which I had complained.

I responded back to Rose's email pointing out that I had already talked to the general manager and was informed that my him that it was a frequent ongoing problem. Thus, I would much prefer to hear from their headquarters as to what they intended to do to solve the problem.

While I hold out hope (why I am not sure) but I have yet to hear back from Meijer.

It appears, based upon the comments of the general manager, that the overcharging is a systemic problem with Meijer's. It also appears, by their lack of appropriate response, that they are more than willing to continue this practice.

Up to this point I had like to think of Meijer as an ethical and moral company. Appears I need to rethink this.

Beware.

Domani
Fishers, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meijer/Indianapolis-Indiana/Meijer-Consisistent-Over-charging-Indianapolis-Indiana-423390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meijer

Promises...

AUTHOR: Domani - (U.S.A.)

At this point I have been contacted by both the store director and market director; both pleasant and professional individuals. Both have made promises to work to improve the situation, the later promising to follow-up with me. We'll see. . .

My instincts tell me that I will continue to push this either with Meijer or the state of Indiana for resolution. Will post again.