Complaint Review: Meijer

• Submitted: Sat, October 30, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, August 30, 2008

• Reported By:harrison twp. Michigan
Meijer
15055 Hall Rd. Utica, Michigan U.S.A.

Meijer Shifty Acres ripoff fails to honor Michigan Pricing Law Again Utica Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: I am from michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: I LOVE MEIJER / GO RIP OFF WAL MART

*Consumer Suggestion: Dude

*UPDATE Employee: About the Beer

After purchasing a case of beer that was currently on sale for $13.48, I realized that they had charged me $14.99. By this time I had already left the store. So upon returning to the store to get the difference, plus my $5.00. I was told that I was only entitled to the difference.

This in spite of the fact that they looked up the item in the current circular. Which to me eliminates the human error loop hole.They obviously did not adjust the computer to reflect the sale price.

This is exactly what the law was meant to address. I was told that the item was not individually marked, and so I was not entitled to the five dollars. I will be reporting this to the Attorney General. Further more I will no longer shop at any Shifty Acres.

PS. as a side bar I later realized that the price on the case of beer was actually marked @ $14.79.

Tim
Harrison Township, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2004 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meijer/Utica-Michigan-48315/Meijer-Shifty-Acres-ripoff-fails-to-honor-Michigan-Pricing-Law-Again-Utica-Michigan-115376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meijer

I am from michigan

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

the law is for liquor not alcohol. (in the state of michigan) a scanning award should be given on beer and wine if the scanned price is higher than what is physically marked on the case or 6 pack.(whatever) i agree with everything else she said. meijer does not have much to do at all with the stocking of liquor or alcohol. two different subjects that people group together. because liquor is controlled by the state and meijer has the same price as the little party store down the street the scanning law does not apply. beer and wine can be on sale there can be a different price at meijer than there is at your local beer store and the scanning law is in effect.(the scanning law also applies at the neighborhood beer store if they infact scan the item)

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I LOVE MEIJER / GO RIP OFF WAL MART

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

tim,
it's to bad that you are not knowledgeable about the michigan scanning award. you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble. the law says that the item must be physically marked one price and scan higher. if that happens and you don't get you award ..........then and only then would i suggest you call the att. gen. meijer did not write the law, they just have to abide by it. if you want it changed then start lobbying. if you are smarter than the people that are marking the items or working their butts off trying to satisfy a customer that doesn't know what he's talking about then you go work behind that desk and see what it's like.
who voted on this law..............did you?
it's so hard to make stupid people happy. blame it on meijer thats easier to explain to your friends than the fact that you just don't know what you're talking about. no store needs customers that are just in there to rip them off. i say go shop wal-mart. i happen to like meijer. GO MEIJER

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Dude

AUTHOR: I Am The Law - (U.S.A.)

Dude, are you seriously going to start a big to-do over a dollar? (Six dollars if you count their guarantee thing.) That's a bit petty.

About the Beer

AUTHOR: Adrienne - (U.S.A.)

I live in and work at a Meijer in Ohio. I also happen to work at the customer service desk. while i am not writing this to condem nor condone Meijer, I have this to say. State liquor laws are strict. Very strict. Any company who deals in any way with alcohol can tell you this. The company's (Meijer, in this case) hands are tied on this issue. Meijer employees do not do ANYTHING with ANY alcohol AT ALL. They to do unload the truck, the do not put it on the shelf, they do not make the shelf tags, they do not put the price in to the computer, nor do they set the prices. Cashiers are not allowed to change the price at the register if it scanns wrong, this would however, be at the Manager in charge's discretion. The same goes for the service desk. While I am on your side for the general issue of wrongful scanning, you are not entitled to the money guarentee, for the above reasons. Alcohol of any kind is a state controled substance. Again, this would be purely up to the Manager in charge's discretion, as the company and the individuals involved could face serious legal penelties. I would like to also state, that I am NOT speaking on behalf of the company, I am speaking as an individual who has coincedentaly had experance in this matter. I would also like to state that this post is my interpretation of Ohio and Michigan law, and it comes from my own personal experiance, and I may turn out to be wrong about sich matters.....this mearly my opinion on the matter.....and certainly may not be the company's for which I work.

Jew