Complaint Review: Meineke

• Reported By: L. — JERSEY CITY New Jersey
Meineke
1613 Kennedy Blvd Jersey City, New Jersey USA

Meineke Incompetent Jersey City New Jersey

I am taking the time to warn you about the Meineke on Kennedy Blvd because I was scammed and reported it to the BBB so  you can check there for verification. The Owner was very nice when I took my car in to have my breaks done around $600.00 so originally I thought all was good. I don't drive my car very much (2000 miles in 8 months) which is why it took about eight months for the problem to arise. My car started making a noise and I thought the muffler was falling off. When I was out of town my husband to be helpful took my car to Firestone on Rt  139 to check out the problem. They confirmed in writing that the break pads were put on BACKWARDS. My husband was not trusting the car to Meineke so he had Firestone repair the problem. When I was back in town I went to see the owner and he confirmed thatt HE originally put the break pads on the car. Then when I asked him to pay the cost of the repair he refused and started getting a little crazy making off the wall accusations even insisting that 2000 miles was enough wear on the break pads and that I was trying to extort him with the help of the Firestone people.

I left because I could see that I would get no where with this person. I made a complaint with the BBB and he has not responded. It would seem he does not care about his business but just about getting as much money out of customers the first visit. I hope that you will not take a chance because he could not even install the break pads properly which is very dangerous especially if you are driving on the highway. Good Luck. Check on the BBB website to see the details of my complaint and the written notice from Firestone on RT 139. Also, there are many similar complaints on the internet about this particular Meineke. Please look for the yourself. It is not worth the risk

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2013 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-/Jersey-City-New-Jersey-07305/Meineke-Incompetent-Jersey-City-New-Jersey-1078485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke