Complaint Review: Meineke #4176

• Updated: Wed, July 06, 2011

• Reported By: Ralph — USA
Meineke #4176
2611 West Avenue, San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Meineke #4176 Your aircontidioning compressor doesn't know what to do! San Antonio, Texas

On a trip to San Antonio from my hometown of Brownsville, Tx, i had my auto airconditioning stop cooling. On arrival in San Antonio i googled auto airconditioning near the location closest to me and i got Meineke Auto repair. I went to Meineke and explained my problem. They informed me that it would cost $35.00 for inspection and reporting what was wrong.

The mechanic informed me that the air compressor and the condensing unit needed replacement at a cost of $1,453.53 + taxes. I asked if it possibly couldn't be a fuse or the on/off switch or perhaps the clutch and was told NO, the compressor doesn't work because it doesn't know what to do!

I decided to get it fixed back home.  In Brownsville i took the auto to Chico's Auto Airconditioning and they replaced the CLUTH and bearings for $150.00 total.  I think the Meineke people are trained to GOUGE people!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2011 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-4176/San-Antonio-Texas-78201/Meineke-4176-Your-aircontidioning-compressor-doesnt-know-what-to-do-San-Antonio-Texas-749731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke #4176