Complaint Review: Meineke & Austin,

• Updated: Sun, March 28, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — Calgary Alberta Canada
Meineke & Austin,
2458 23 Avenue Northeast Calgary, Alberta Canada

Meineke & Austin, owner of Calgary locations Am a member of their club & received e-mail for free tire rotation & $5.00 off towards next oil change. Made an appointment & took my care in. Was refused service. Calgary Alberta

I took my car in to the Meineke Care Centre in NorthEast location in Calgary, Alberta, for oil change and tire rotation. I had taken the day off from work to get work done on my car and complete other errands.

In winter the roads in Calgary can get bad and we have been struggling with the city not clearing the roads- especially residental areas. I don't have a garage but a cement pad where I can drive up and park the car. Everytime the city does clear the snow, they don't completely clear the area and leave huge piles of snow making it hard for people to move their cars. I recently had my muffler changed and when backing out onto the snow pile, my muffler got damaged yet again. When I took my car in for a simple oil change and tire rotation, the manager heard the noise of my muffler.

When I went in for my appointment he asked if that was my car that made the noise. When I said that it was, I was told they could not work on my car as it was a hazard and I would have to fix the muffler first- in esssence, I was refused service. I don't know if they would have done the same thing to a male or if this is a common line with their female customers to scare them and have them spend more money to fix their car.

I explained there is no fumes or smoke coming out of the exhause to pollute or cause danger to anyone. Muffler was making noise due to the above. They still refused to work on the car until the muffler was fixed. They did not even check the car. All this was going on based on the noise they heard.

I found the customer service was terrible. I called to relay my concerns to Austin, the owner. He was terrible to deal with and at one time made reference to a "thief" but then quickly added he was not calling me a thief. I will never deal with Meineke again and got my oil change done at another care centre where I was treated with respect and dignity and talk about making a lady feel special!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2010 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Austin/Calgary-Alberta-/Meineke-Austin-owner-of-Calgary-locations-Am-a-member-of-their-club-received-e-mail-586504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke & Austin,