Complaint Review: Meineke Car Car Center

• Updated: Tue, December 08, 2009

• Reported By: Lisa — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Meineke Car Car Center
8600 Roswell Road Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Meineke Car Car Center Econo Lube N Tune Charged For Services Not Renedered Atlanta, Georgia

Incident = On 11/05/2009 I took my car to Meineke to have an A/C Compressor replaced. I was charged $311.42 only to be told later that I purchased the wrong replacement part. My charges included a coolant system flush, coolant, Air Conditioning Evac and Recharge, none of these services however were rendered. On 11/12/2009 Meineke put an A/C Bypass Pulley on the vehicle as a Temporary fix
until I could find the correct A/C Compressor. I noticed the car squeaking alot so on 12/01/2009 I went back to Meineke and was told that I needed to replace the ALT Belt. I paid $83.33 to have the belt replaced and was told that the coolant system flush would be done at that time. On my way home the vehicle started making terrible noises. I took the car back to Meineke and found that the ALT Belt had began shredding off of my car. Meineke replaced it but the same thing started happening again. The Manager at that time told me that he was not replacing the belt again.  I called After Hours Mobile Mechanics to fix my car and they found the problem of the shredded ALT Belts. The A/C Bypass Pulley put on my car by Meineke wasn't aligned with the other Pulleys and was the cause of the shredded ALT Belts. They also found that I needed a Coolant System Flush, a service I had paid Meineke to do that wasn't done. Damage Resulting = Meineke owes me a refund of $234.95 ($151.62 for services that were not rendered and $83.33 for the ALT Belt replacement).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2009 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Car-Car-Center/Atlanta-Georgia-30350/Meineke-Car-Car-Center-Econo-Lube-N-Tune-Charged-For-Services-Not-Renedered-Atlanta-Georg-535703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Car Car Center