Mississippi

• Updated: Mon, July 15, 2013

• Reported By: dfmarshall — Ruckersville Virginia
Meineke Car Care Center - Auto Repair
1906 EMMET STREET CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22901-2815 Charlottesville, Virginia USA

Meineke Car Care Center - Auto Repair Broke the tube the engine oil dipstick goes in to Charlottesville Virginia

I took my mini van to have the oil changed. As far as I know everything was great, until it was getting close to time for my oil change and I had a 400 mile trip to make so thought I better check my oil just to be sure it was ok. Well could not find my dipstick where it was supposed to be.

Finally found it tipped to the front of the engine near the fan. On closer inspection I saw the tube the dipstick is in was snapped in half about 4-5" down. Nobody had been under my hood since that oil change until I went to check my oil. I contacted Meineke on 6/8/13 about this. Finally a week later they respond that they have sent my email to that location since they are a franchise. To this date 7/15/13 I have heard nothing from the location.

I should have learned when on the visit prior to this I selected option to top off all fluids and have tires rotated. They had my van in garage about a total of 15 minutes. Just thought since it was a slow day that several of the guys were working on it.  The next day it started to run a little hot so parked it for few hours and checked the antifreeze and could barely see any in the radiator. So I checked the washer fluid and barely any in there. Called to shop and they did make good and filled the fluids for me. I did stand right there and watch them do it.

They told me tires did not need rotated and when I asked for a partial refund they said they only have to rotate them if it is needed.

I did send another email to Meineke about 2 weeks ago which the only response I have gotten this time is an auto response that my email was received.

I selected Meineke based on what I thought was a reputable name. Guess I learned the had way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 07:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Car-Care-Center-Auto-Repair/Charlottesville-Virginia-22901/Meineke-Car-Care-Center-Auto-Repair-Broke-the-tube-the-engine-oil-dipstick-goes-in-to-C-1067297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Car Care Center - Auto Repair