Complaint Review: Meineke Car Care

• Updated: Wed, April 11, 2012

• Reported By: Shirley — Akron Ohio USA
Meineke Car Care
Arlington Rd Akron, Ohio United States of America

Meineke Car Care Purchased a gift card for 8 oil changes with no expiration and location closed before first one could be redeemed Akron, Ohio

Purchased gift card of 8 oil changes on 12/23/11 for a Christmas present for my brother's family. When they went to redeem the first one, the location was closed. Contacted Meineke Customer Service and advised nothing they can do. Per their Customer Service Rep:

"I apologize for the inconvenience however there is no offer from Meinekes Corporate Office (I am a representative of Meineke).  Should you choose to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and/or the Ohio Attorney General I will address the complaints appropriately when the letters come across my desk.  Unfortunately the answer to either organization will remain the same."

I don't have $138.34 that I can just throw away. What a rip off! I have filed complaints with the listed consumer agencies and will be contacting local media. I posted on TWITTER and the same gentleman called me. This is not acceptable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2012 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Car-Care/Akron-Ohio-44312/Meineke-Car-Care-Purchased-a-gift-card-for-8-oil-changes-with-no-expiration-and-location-867053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Car Care