Complaint Review: Meineke Car Care

• Reported By: knah — jeannette Pennsylvania
Meineke Car Care
6902 5th Ave Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Meineke Car Care / Employee Pat Price Fixing Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

I went to Meineke in Pittsburgh, Pa. with a coupon that states conventional oil change w/ standard motor oil 19.95. My vehicle requires by spec. 5W-20 standard/conventional motor oil. No synthetic. So the manager looks under my hood and states that the cost would be $48+tx because my car requires 5W-20 motor oil. I asked what about the $19.95 coupon, he said "that's with the coupon". I know that 5W-20 conventional motor oil is under 5$ a qt. He couldn't explain the additional $20 except to say "that's what it cost". Anothe employee named Pat stated the same when I spoke with him at the same location. I called another Meineke location near the West View part of town, spoke to Bob and gave him the same information and specs. for my vehicle that Pat and his manager in Pittsburgh observed on my vehicle. Bob quoted me $28. I asked him why the Pittsburgh location was charging $20 more for the same oil and the same work, he said that they may be an independent location and may  have choosen to "Not Honor" the coupon. The coupon was honored because remember, Pat and his manager in Pittsburgh said the cost included the coupon. These guys in Pittsburgh run a shop located in the innercity section of town. I also called several autoparts stores and the 5W-30 for Penzoil is under $5 at three large stores. I know this is small change in terms of not being a major repair but if you are spending your time to do business with a company for an oil change, it pays to know what the cost is for your oil which is the majority of the price being charged and can at least save you $10 or $20 in addition to learning that if they will rip you off on an oil change, better to find out on that service rather than finding out on a radiator or exhaust replacement job. These people are fixing prices, period. I will make sure to stay away from Meineke all together. When you can't get an answer at the corporate office because their system is set up for [leave voicemail only] customer service, you can't get my business. You can get a front row seat on the Ripoff Report website though. Meineke is not to be trusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2013 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Car-Care/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15208/Meineke-Car-Care-Employee-Pat-Price-Fixing-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-1060448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Car Care