Complaint Review: Meineke Car Care

• Submitted: Sat, August 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 16, 2008

• Reported By:herndon Virginia
Meineke Car Care
23035 Duglass Court Nationwide U.S.A.

Meineke Car Care meineke auto care replace parts , defective and fix and reinstall bad part instead of new and lied Sterling Virginia

Case summary:
new barke and rotor, warp rotor, squiky pad
Case description:

I HAD LOW BREAKING AND LITTLE VIBRATION AT STEERING WHEEL WHILE HIT THE BRAKE. THEY SAID YOU NEED BRAKE PADS AND ROTOR IS WARP. OPTION WAS MATCHING THE ROTOR AND REPLACE PAD OR REPLACE BOTH. MACHINE THE ROTOR COST WAS HIGH AND LIFE OF THE ROTOR WAS NOT MUCH. I DECIDED TO REPLACE ROTOR AND PAD IF THAT IS CAUSE OF LOW BRAKING AND VIBRATION AT BREAKING .THEY THEY TESTED AND SAID IT IS.

THEY REPLACED ROTORS AND PADS. STEERING WHEEL STARTED VIBRATING WORSE THAN OLD ONE AND STARTED MAKING SQUEAKY NOISE ON BREAKING.

I TOOK THE VEHICLE BACK TO CHECK. SERVICE TECHNICIAN QUICKLY SAID YOUR PAD IS BAD AND ROTOR IS WARP BECAUSE HE DID NOT KNOW IT WAS DONE ABOUT TWO MONTHS BEFORE AT THE SAME PALACE. IT WAS UNDER WARRANTY. I SAID ; WELL, IT IS BAD FOR YOU, IT HAS A NEW ROTOR AND PADS AND ALSO YOUR STORE DID IT.

I LEFT THE VEHICLE. I DID NOT HEAR ANY THING THAT DAY (SATURDAY). THEY CALLED ME ON MONDAY AFTERNOON AND SAID MY VEHICLE WAS READY TO BE PICKED UP.

I ASKED WHAT WAS WRONG?THE MANAGER ON DUTY SAID YOUR BEARING IS BAD THAT?S WHY IT HAS VIBRATION. I DISPUTED FOR THAT .IF MY BEARING WAS BAD THEN FIRST VIBRATION WAS NOT THE ROTOR AND YOU MIS DIAGNOSIS IT. THE MANAGER INSISTED BEARINGS ARE BAD AND THEY HAVE FIX THE PAD PROBLEM .AGAIN HE SAID YOUR BEARINGS ARE BAD AND THAT IS CAUSING VIBRATION AND HE MACHINED THE ROTOR WHICH IS NEW AND UNDER WARRANTY . I ASK HIM MY ROTORS ARE NEW AND UNDER WARRANTY IF IT IS WARPED WHY YOU DID NOT REPLACE AND MACHINED IT? HE REFUSED TO TALK AFTER THAT. WE HAD BIG ARGUMENT AT THE PICK UP TIME. THEY DID NOT WANT TO GO FOR ROAD TEST AND GAVE ME A THREATENING IF I COME BACK TO HIS STORE FOR THAT HE IS GOING TO CALL THE POLICE.

IT WAS ABOUT SIX AND THEY WERE CLOSING THE STORE. I TOLD THEM I AM GOING TO REPORT ABOUT THIS. THE OWNER SAID THEY DO NOT CARE AND MY WARRANTY IS EXPIRING.
I WROTE ABOUT THIS TO BBB AND MEINEKE CORPORATE. I DID NOT HEAR FROM EITHER ONE OF THEM. THEN I CALLED MEINEKE CORPORATE AND REPORTED THE PROBLEM. THEY SAID WILL CALL. NEVER CALLED ME AND I CALLED AGAIN AND AGAIN. PHONE BUSY LEFT MESSAGE NO REPLY. FINALLY MY CALL WAS ANSWERED ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 8, 08. LADY ANSWER THE PHONE AND SAID MY PROBLEM WAS ALREADY SOLVED. I ASKED HER WHO AND WHERE? SHE SAID SHE TALKED TO THE STORE AND THEY SAID THEY FIX IT.

I MENTION THE TROUBLE ABOVE AND SHE SAY NOTHING SHE CAN DO AND TRY TO Hang ME ON. I INSISTED NOT TO DO AND ASKED FOR THE MANAGER ON DUTY. SHE SAID HE IS NOT THERE. I ASKED AGAIN IS THERE ANY MANAGER ON DUTY ? SHE SAID NO BODY.

AFTER I ASKED FOR HER BOSS FINALLY SHE SAID HE IS MR JOE AND HE IS AT THE STORE. I LEFT MY TELEPHONE NO AND ASKED HER TO GIVE HIM MY MESSAGE IF I CAN TALK TO HIM. SHE SAID SHE WILL GIVE HIM A MESSAGE AND CALL AS SOON AS THEY CAN.

AFTER THEY MACHINED THE ROTOR MY VIBRATION IS GONE AND STILL MAKES SQUEAKY NOSE. I AM ASKING FOR THE NEW ROTOR NOT THE MACHINED ONE AND FIX THE NOISE. AFTER LONG CHAT WITH CORPORATE LADY, THE STORE CALLED ME AND ASKED ME TO BRING THE VEHICLE, THEY WILL FIX IF ONLY IF I REPLACE THE BEARINGS.

AFTER MACHINED THE ROTORS VIBRATION IS GONE AND PAD STILL MAKES NOISE. I AM VERY SURE BEARING IS NOT THE PROBLEM. THEY HAVE DONE THIS SEVERAL TIMES AND I DO NOT TRUST THEM FOR ANY THING ANY MORE. I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO THE STORE ANY MORE BECAUSE THIS IS THE THIRD EVENTS AND THREATENED ME TO CALL THE POLICE IF COME FOR THE PROBLEM . EITHER I WANT TO GO TO THE OTHER MIENEKE TO REPLACE MY ROTOR AND FIX THE PAD PROBLEM AND THEY PAY FOR IT OR I WANT THE ON CONDITIONAL MONEY BACK AND I WILL GO AND FIX WHERE I CAN TRUST MORE THAN THEM . THEY REFUSED .

Meineki
herndon, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2008 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Car-Care/nationwide/Meineke-Car-Care-meineke-auto-care-replace-parts-defective-and-fix-and-reinstall-bad-par-363667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Car Care