Complaint Review: Meineke Care Care Center

• Updated: Sat, October 05, 2013

• Reported By: gmaio — Middle Village New York
Meineke Care Care Center
759 Route 25A Rocky Point, New York USA

Meineke Care Care Center Unethical and predatory pricing. Tried to take advantage of a female senior citizen Rocky Point New York

On October 4, 2013 I brought my car in to the service center complaining of a squeaking/metallic sound that occurs when I completely turn my steering wheel to the right or left. The service person inspected my car and reported that I needed new front brakes, new front rotors, flushing of my brake line and fluid, and cleaning and adjustment of my rear brakes. For this the charge would be $550.00.

I am a female senior citizen and I called my son to speak to the repair person before I authorized the work to begin. My son told me that he felt the repair person was over-inflating the price and arranged for me to go elsewhere for an estimate. On October 5, 2013,

I went to another auto repair shop where upon inspection that advised me that the squeaking metallic sound was simply a heat shield that was bent. The repair person straightened it a bit and the sound went away. This person inspected my brakes and stated they were fine and did not need replacement for a while. I drive approximately 4000-5000 miles a year. The 2nd repair person did not charge for the simple task of straightening the heat shield. I gave him a tip for lunch.

My complaint is that the Meineke Care Service Center willfully lied to me about me needing brakes and the other service and I believe tried to take advantage of a senior citizen who was also a woman. This business displayed a predatory practice when dealing with me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2013 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Care-Care-Center/Rocky-Point-New-York-11778/Meineke-Care-Care-Center-Unethical-and-predatory-pricing-Tried-to-take-advantage-of-a-fe-1089717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Care Care Center