• Report: #631964

• Updated: Mon, August 16, 2010

• Reported By: RippedOff — Scottsdale Arizona United States of America
Meineke Econo Lube #4135
7950 E Thomas Rd Internet United States of America

Meineke Econo Lube #4135 Charged me for an Oil Change - Never Changed the Oil! Internet

I went to Meineke Econo Lube #4135 on July 13, 2010 because I was having problems starting my car. When I dropped the car off, Meineke Econo Lube #4135 asked if I wanted an oil change while the car was in for service. I agreed to the oil change and they said they would call me regarding the starting issues. When they called, they indicated I needed a new battery. Their price to replace the battery was extremely high, so I called around other repair shops to see about typical battery prices. I found other shops with the same battery Meineke Econo Lube #4135 quoted for much less. Meineke Econo Lube #4135 would not price match. They gruffly told me to pick up my car and basically hung up the phone on me. When I went to get the car, they said they performed the oil change since I had already authorized it, which is fine as I did authorize the oil change. I paid for the oil change and IMMEDIATELY took my car to another garage less than 2 miles away from Meineke Econo Lube #4135. The other garage looked over the car and said the battery was indeed in need of replacement. They also informed me that my oil was low. The 2nd repair shop did not know I had asked for an oil change at Meineke Econo Lube #4135. After they mentioned my oil was low, I told them I just paid for an oil change minutes ago. They indicated that it didnt seem the oil was recently changed. I also later noticed, Meineke Econo Lube #4135 did not put in a new oil change sticker in the car. Further, the oil was low and to another shop (repair experts) the oil did not appear newly changed. I am happy to pay for services rendered; however, I request a refund of $47.42, the amount I was charged for the oil change that wasnt performed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2010 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Econo-Lube-4135/internet/Meineke-Econo-Lube-4135-Charged-me-for-an-Oil-Change-Never-Changed-the-Oil-Internet-631964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Econo Lube #4135