Complaint Review: Meineke Muffler

• Submitted: Tue, February 22, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, February 23, 2005

• Reported By:Miami Florida
Meineke Muffler
20033 South Dixie Highway Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Meineke Muffler Possible link to theft of auto stereo, looking for other possibles Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Meineke Muffler NOT a rip off

NOTE: I do not have any proof that this company did anything wrong. They performed the repairs quickly, properly and within the $$ estimated. I have no problem with any of that.

What I do have is a question about the following. I have an older car that(had) a fantastic stereo system. I have never had any attempts on the car by way of theft and there is little indication that the car had any thing of value so it was never broken into. However, within a few days of getting it repaired at the Meineke repair shop, it was broken into in my driveway and all the equipment stolen. It was done very neatly and quietly as the car is just outside a bedroom window.

This was the only repair shop that I had brought the car to in over a year and the only place that could have known about the stereo equipment and I am wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.

George
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2005 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Muffler/Miami-Florida-33189/Meineke-Muffler-Possible-link-to-theft-of-auto-stereo-looking-for-other-possibles-Miami-F-132421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Muffler

Meineke Muffler NOT a rip off

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

I want to make it perfectly clear that I am NOT accusing Meineke Muffler of any wrongdoing. Thier shop personnel and the owner(s) have been outstanding in the work and the way my repairs were handled.

I am simply looking to see if any other people in this area have had thefts similar to mine after taking thier vehicle to ANY service shop in the area.

If there are no other reports of theft in a week, I will attribute the theft to coincidence and take back every bad thought I had, but in the meantime, please use thier services, as I in no way wanted to warn anyone away from anyone, especially Meineke.