Complaint Review: Meineke Shop

• Submitted: Wed, August 08, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, August 08, 2007

• Reported By:waterbury Connecticut
Meineke Shop
760 Wolcott Street Waterbury, Connecticut U.S.A.

Meineke Defective mufflers converter ripoff Waterbury Connecticut

On Nov. 2006 I had the muffler/converter replaced. a day later I had a rattling noise under the car. i was told to bring it back in. when i did the manager George said they had put the wrong muffler on.

I bought it back in to replace muffler. again I started hearing the noise again. I emailed corporate I was told to bring it in to the Naugatuck ct meineke. I did they said nothing wrong with the system.

i emailed corporate agin now theres a new manager. he replace muffler again. on 1/07again the noise. I took it to an independent mechanic he told me the muffler was defctive and broken.

i take it back with my boyfriend this time. again they replace the muffler. but this time(5/2007) I'm told my warrenty has finished period.

Now I take it to another independent mechanic. well seems like te problem was not the muffler but the converter! I have to pay again to fix my problem. these places should be SHUT DOWN!
a lawsuit is to follow

Marcy
waterbury, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2007 06:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Shop/Waterbury-Connecticut-06705/Meineke-Defective-mufflers-converter-ripoff-Waterbury-Connecticut-266012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Shop