Complaint Review: Meineke (Waldorf, MD)

• Submitted: Fri, April 19, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, April 19, 2013

• Reported By: Knows_Better — Waldorf Maryland
Meineke (Waldorf, MD)
11770 Holly Center Ln Internet United States of America

Meineke (Waldorf, MD) Meineke MARKS UP PARTS BY OVER 400% SERIOUSLY...FALSELY TOLD ME I NEEDED NEARLY $3K IN REPAIRS- ACTUAL WORK NEEDED, DONE SOMEWHERE ELSE- $415 Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Meineke Waldorf, over 30 yrs of good customer service!

Go ANYWHERE else!!!

Parts markup of OVER 400% actual price- INSANE RIP OFF OUTFIT

Gave me estimate on repairs for a problem I was having. Two of the part prices they quoted were AT LEAST 400% markup of actual cost.

Found out, after taking somewhere else (and checking also with at least 5 other shops), I only needed ONE thing replaced. Meineke's extremely outlandish high-priced rip-off attempts at their over 400% markup part prices were not even in need of repair or replacement!!!

Took to one of five other shops that disagreed with Meineke's diagnosis- actual cost of what needed to be repaired, parts and labor- $415.00-  $2300.00 LESS than what Meineke attempted to rob me of.

BEWARE of this location.

I wish one of those "Dateline" type investigations would be done on these crooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 05:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Waldorf-MD/internet/Meineke-Waldorf-MD-Meineke-MARKS-UP-PARTS-BY-OVER-400-SERIOUSLYFALSELY-TOLD-ME-I-NE-1044516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke (Waldorf, MD)

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Meineke Waldorf, over 30 yrs of good customer service!

AUTHOR: Meineke, Waldorf, MD - ()

We have been serving our customers with honest quality work on their vehicles for over 30 yrs. The business is family owned and operated. We could not stay in business if we marked up parts by 400%. That is a false statement you made. There is no way you could know that a part was marked up 400%, because there are typically several grades available for the same part, "good, better, best", $25.00, $40.00, or the best for $70.00 for brakes pads on the same vehicle.

Knows_Better, I would like to know how you went to five different auto shops and Meineke with your car in disrepair? The way you worded your complaint makes me think that you might be an automotive professional, a competitor, and if you are, shame on you!

We stand behind our work, our prices, and above all our honesty!

My name is Steve and you can get in touch with me at (301)843-9500.