Complaint Review: Meineke mufflers (Mike)

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: Rob — commack New York United States of America
Meineke mufflers (Mike)
6242 Jericho TPK Internet United States of America

Meineke mufflers ,Mike, Ripp off, Cocky, Very Poor work, Attitude, non responsive, non caring, Internet

Went to meineke to see how much it would be to install OBX headers on my 2006 jeep srt8. He said it would be $575. Went there the next day to get it installed. before he started any work i asked him to use my origional gaskets because the ones that come with the headers are known to leak. (which he did not do)-he called later that day and told me he didnt see the other 2 pipes that were in the box which are standard (comes with all headers) and told me it would be an extra 125$.

He took an additional entire day to complete the job. He then insisted that i have to pay him all cash for the work that was done. When i got my car back it sounded terrible and would not make it over 20mph. i called him on my way home and he told me it was probably unsafe to drive and told me after the fact that i need o2 sencer extentions.

The next day i purchased the extentions and he tried to charge me 100$ to just simply plug them in which took all of 15 seconds. i asked him why it was so much just to plug the extentions in and his response was how much cash do you have on you ill take 75 cash. (i did not have cash on me so he charged me 85$. After this my car was still not running correctly and had all sorts of problems.

Out of pannic i drove to a local shop (TnT) and a guy named frank took a look at it. I had a leak coming from the gasket(because he did not use origional like i asked) and a leak from where the back pipes were connected. He also showed me how badly all of the o2 wires were twisted by meineke. Because of this i had to purcharse a new set of o2 sensors that were 94$ each. on top of the 180$ for additional labor. I still have the 2 leaks because of the bad install from meineke.

I called mike from meineke and told him all of the problems im having with the car and he told me "Its all on you" and hung up the phone and now wont answer my calls. After talking to other people that have had work done by him they all have complaints about him. He obviously has a history of ripping people off in the area. I would like to get my money back from the install and have the repairs done by someone else. Wost business owner out there he has all complaints on his online reviews.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-mufflers-Mike/internet/Meineke-mufflers-Mike-Ripp-off-Cocky-Very-Poor-work-Attitude-non-responsive-non-ca-1006984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke mufflers (Mike)