Complaint Review: Meineke

Meineke
Aurora, Colorado United States of America

Meineke Worst experince ever. Aurora, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Should note:

*Consumer Comment: Warranty on a clutch?

*Consumer Comment: Confused

Three years ago I was having trouble with my car shifting into gears so took to my local meineke store they had told me my clutch ,throw out bearing and slave box was bad and need to be replaced.Had them do the job coasting me $1051.00 dollars expensive job but .But had them do it.Less than a year later it was doing the same thing so right away went back to the exact same shop, at this time they told me it wasn't the clutch but the transmission was going out.Stupid me being a woman not knowing anything about it I believed them.Mean while several times I went back asking are yousure it is transmission I feel like it really is the clutch.I believed them.Transmission would be around $2000.00 to get fixed.I scrimped and save for 2 years to hve it repaired. All the time praying it would last until I could have this work done, finnaly got the money together took to have the transmission fixed.Guess what the transmission was fine it was the cluth!Went back to meineke same shop said they were wrong what can we do to fix the problem.Nothing really cut the cost on a new one some.Warrenty ran out after a year.Can't believe this is how people are treated.Is this the way this company gets out of honnering their warenties? If they would just have looked at the clutch the first time I brought it back I wouldn't be without a car that shifts into gear.I have kiendey dease and depende on this care to get me to and from my doctors and hospital outragous medical expeses.And now no car to get me to them.Thanks alot Meineke!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2011 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke/Aurora-Colorado-80013/Meineke-Worst-experince-ever-Aurora-Colorado-698060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke

Should note:

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

..I am not taking sides here either way. But I hope everyone is aware that clutch wear has NOTHING to do with shifting into gears. If a clutch is worn, the vehicle will not move very well in ANY gear..but it will still shift into any gear with no problem.

Warranty on a clutch?

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

The only way a clutch would fail after a year is due to severe abuse.  Obviously, this is not covered by any warranty -- someone who is really determined can destroy a clutch in a few hours.  Either have someone teach you how to drive a stick correctly, or get an automatic.  You are probably either riding the clutch or slipping it for too long.  The throwout bearing probably also failed due to abuse (holding down the clutch for too long instead of shifting into neutral).

Confused

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Please tell me if I missed something here.

You had your clutch replaced about 3 years ago.  About a year later you had problems again, where it wouldn't shift into gear.  Okay...up to here you MAY have a problem.

But if it wouldn't shift into gear how could you drive it another two years?  If it was good enough to drive for TWO YEARS, not sure how you could make the claim that it was bad and needed to be replaced under warranty.

But let's skip ahead two years to now.  You have enough money saved up to now replace the Transmission.  You go and find out it was actually the Clutch.  A Clutch would be less than the Transmission so you could use that money for the clutch instead and still have some left over.  I guess just trying to figure out why if it is the clutch and you have the money to replace it why do you need to be without the car?

I'm not saying that you weren't Ripped Off.  But the time to fight for the Warranty replacement was two years ago.  Not sure if there is anything you can do about it right now.  But I do hope that you actually went to another place to get a second opinion as to what the problem could be.