Complaint Review: Meineke

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: richardson69 — Muncie Indiana United States of America
Meineke
1301 W McGalliard Road Muncie, Indiana United States of America

Meineke Meineke Muncie, Indiana Quoted a price over phone after they had car for several hours they raised price of services Muncie, Indiana

*General Comment: Poor Consumer Ignorance!

Meineke In Muncie and the Manager Larry Brannon.... We called Meineke on the Friday before Christmas to see how much it would cost to have a fuel pump put on my car.. they quoted us the price of $416 plus $45 for the towing fee so  I told them to come get my car.... about two hours after they towed my car in they called and said that my car needed the more expensive fuel pump and it would now be $538 they also suggested that I should also have my lines blown out and cleaned and that would be another $100 for a total of $600.. I complained that they didn't say all this when I first called and they pretty much had me over a barrel, it was 2:30 in the afternoon the last day of the week before the Holiday weekend my car had already been towed to them and I had no where else to take it that late in the day. Larry then got smart with me on the phone and said that HE didn't break my car. I went ahead and told them to fix my car but not to clear the lines because I didn't have that kind of money... Well after I picked up my car I talked with 2 other people that said Meineke did the same thing to them, quoted a price and then changed the price once the car was there and being worked on. I called around today to the dealership AND to the auto parts stores, they all said the same thing, there is only one fuel pump for my car so what Larry said about my car needed the more expensive part was a lie there is only ONE part for my car. I called Larry and argued with him for over half an hour, he refused to see why I was upset and said that there are two parts and he has no clue why all the other stores in Muncie are saying there is only one. He said I agreed to the services when he called back with the higher price and I said that I was mad because he said it was for a more expensive part and there wasn't one. He was very rude and pretty much didn't care that I said I would make sure to blog and tell everyone how they did me. He also wanted to know the names of the other people who said it happened to them and then he bad mouthed those people and tried to run them into the ground.. He said he did the math and if they would have done the service for the $416 and towing fees and taxes would have only been $58 dollars cheaper than what I paid. He said so you are saying I over charged you for $58 dollars for something you approved before I did it. It wasn't just $58 It was closer to $100 and if I had done the lines too it would have been even more. He also asked how the car was running and I said the check Engine light is on and he got nasty with me and said I suppose that is my fault too huh!

POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke/Muncie-Indiana-47304/Meineke-Meineke-Muncie-Indiana-Quoted-a-price-over-phone-after-they-had-car-for-several-h-987153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke

#1 General Comment

Poor Consumer Ignorance!

AUTHOR: SUCKA! - (USA)

A phone estimate represents exactly as the word "estimate" is defined:  An approximate calculation or judgment of the value, number, quantity, or extent of something.  They gave you an APPROXIMATE calculation of the cost to replace a fuel pump in your vehicle....before they even saw the vehicle!  How could they possibly know everything prior to seeing the vehicle?  The same thing happened to your other two buddies?  A phone estimate given prior to seeing their vehicles didn't match penny for penny actual recommended repairs and parts needed once seeing the vehicle?  You and your buddies are being ridiculous.  Get over yourselves.

Perhaps he didn't quote you on a fuel pump which included a new strainer.   Based on the fact that your math doesn't seem to make any sense, I don't think you have a clue on what you were quoted or why...once the vehicle made it to the shop.  You never even mentioned the year/make/model of your vehicle.

No, I do not work for this facility.  I just think youre being ridiculous.

engineer