• Report: #1019898

• Submitted: Mon, February 25, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: LuzG — Jamaica New York United States of America
Queens Village, New York United States of America

Meineke I went there about getting my muffler fixed. They said they could not fix it so they charged me almost $200 for a new one. They tell me all the problems that my car has, and as they saw I'm very knowl Queens Village, New York

I went in to fix my muffler that was half on, half off it was dragging. I get there at 7:30 am. They look under my car and tell me that I need a new muffler, ok. They proceed to tell me I have 2 other issues, I let them know I'm aware of it and asked how much would it be.

The mechanic stated that I was very knowledgeable when it comes to my car. They gave me outrageous prices, so I let them know I can get it down cheaper somewhere else. So they replaced my muffler and I get home and park it in my driveway. The next day I noticed that I have a massive transmission leak. And when he had my car up in the air for 3 hrs not once did he say I had a leak. Now they claim I got that leak somewhere between me leaving their shop and the next day. Now I have to spend more money trying to fix a leak.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke/Queens-Village-New-York-/Meineke-I-went-there-about-getting-my-muffler-fixed-They-said-they-could-not-fix-it-so-t-1019898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke