Complaint Review: Meineke

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 27, 2009

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
Meineke
2300 Fourth Plain Vancouver, Washington U.S.A.

Meineke Car Care Center Tried To Rip Me Off! Vancouver Washington

So Im a 21 yr old female and I am pretty knowlegdeable about cars. Well i was going to get my oil changed at the mentioned Meineke and when they were finished they always tell me what needs to be fixed. last time i went they said I NEEDED my battery replaced or it will go out on me one day without warning. he tried to persuade me to do it Now! he said it will cost $248 for my specific type of battery. UHM NO!! so i called around auto part places getting prices for my type of battery, they all quoted me between 50-80 dollars for the battery and i also get 10 back for bringing the core back.

ok so i bought a 60 battery and went home and replaced it (MYSELF). when i took the core back the guys at the parts store checked it and said that battery still had ALOT OF LIFE LEFT! so basically i wasted 60 dollars on a battery i didnt need because those meineke guys wanted my money and decided to lie! what if i was dumb enough to pay 248 for my battery when they asked? that wouldve been horrible!

Ratherdoitmyself
Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke/Vancouver-Washington-98662/Meineke-Car-Care-Center-Tried-To-Rip-Me-Off-Vancouver-Washington-455784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke