Complaint Review: Mejier

• Submitted: Tue, November 09, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 09, 2004

• Reported By:Traverse city Michigan
Mejier
US 31 South Traverse City, Michigan U.S.A.

Mejier - thrifty Acres ripoff Most items not priced marked so as to circumvent "scanner Law" Traverse City Michigan

I purchased four bottles of SunnyD. Two scanned at sale price and two did not. They were different flavors so they did contain different UPC labels.

I noticed this discrepancy once I arrived home. I've *learned* to check items purchased against my receipt when shopping at Meijer. I contacted the store and was told that ALL flavors were on sale and "no quanity limit" restriction were on this sale. I was told to "stop back at my convenience" and I would "be taken care of."

a few days later I returned with my receipt and the name of the person that I had spoke with. The "Customer Service" person at first balked on the whole situation stating that "I needed to catch this before leaving." After a bit of prodding she relented and refunded the difference. I inquired about the "Bounty" (penalty for overscan) and was told that it did not apply in this case because two had scanned at the proper price. I requested to speak with the manager.

Jim S.(Store Director. AND, exactly what his name tag said) claimed that I was not due the bounty because he doesn't know if they had a price tag on them. I didn't know for sure if they did or didn't at the time. He went as far as to ask if I had the items with me. This is extreme to expect me to bring the juices back with me for a scan adjustment.

I inquired, if SunnyD is on the list of items which do not need to be marked. His answer to this was "I don't know" with a smirk on his face. This went back and forth several times with him refusing to answer my question other than to say "I don't know" and refusing to award the bounty to me.

End results, I received a Meijer gift card for five dollars. This seems to be Meijer policy now. This is unacceptable as it forces the person to spend the five dollars at Meijer.

For those who would say this isn't a "scanner law" violation, I say, If two scan at the sale price and two do not THEN...

Randy
Traverse city, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2004 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mejier/Traverse-City-Michigan-49684/Mejier-thrifty-Acres-ripoff-Most-items-not-priced-marked-so-as-to-circumvent-scanner-La-116918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mejier