Complaint Review: Mel Clayton Ford In Phoenix AZ

• Submitted: Fri, June 15, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 15, 2007

• Reported By:phoenix Arizona
Mel Clayton Ford In Phoenix AZ
1550 E Camelback Rd Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Mel Clayton Ford In Phoenix AZ I was told a Lie Ripoff Phoenix Arizona

I went to Mel Clayton ford to buy a new ford ranger. They told me that they had a used one with 6000 miles on it; an it was a 2007. I took it for a test drive it was what I wanted: they gave me a great deal on this truck... Now they told me to bring it back the next day and they would update my paper work. I went back and this is when they told me that they could not sell me the truck "something about the title". I said ok do you have a new one. They said yes. They got another truck out I just looked at it real quick, and said ok, now the salesman said it had 8 miles on it. I agree to a price. I said I would be back the next day to pick it up. When I came back on the next day to get the Truck, I decide to take it for a test drive. I looked at the odometer and it had 2,800 miles. I was a little shock, so we then started to work out another price for the truck. This is what they told me that the truck was used by the dealer just to make short trips, and that the title was clear and it was new and my warranty would start the day I bought the truck. But that is not the case I found the registration from the pervious owner in the glove box. Ford Motor Company told me that my warranty started 02/27/2007. Funny I bought the truck on May 30 2007. Ok I accepted that I still got a great deal on the truck. As I was driving home I noticed a small crack on the windshield then when I got home I did a walk around found several scratches in the paint. I called them up told them about some of the defects and I would like them to fix it. They did give me a hard time at first but I told them I bought a new truck not a used one and it was not as is. Then they agreed to fix the truck. Well I got a new windshield, there body shop ruin my left rear quarter panel, and it been two weeks now and I still do not have my truck yet. Can someone out there help me?

Chris
phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2007 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mel-Clayton-Ford-In-Phoenix-AZ/Phoenix-Arizona-85014/Mel-Clayton-Ford-In-Phoenix-AZ-I-was-told-a-Lie-Ripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-254782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mel Clayton Ford In Phoenix AZ