Complaint Review: Mel Clayton Ford In Phoenix Az

• Submitted: Sat, May 06, 2000
  • Updated: Sat, May 06, 2000

• Reported By:
Mel Clayton Ford In Phoenix Az
1550 E. Cambelback Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Mel Clayton Ford stole our car ripoff Phoenix Arizona

I went to Mel Clayton Ford in Phoenix Arizona to trade in my vehicle, a 95 Nissan Altima. I was placed in a 99 Ford Taurus (silver). After two weeks the dealer called me back and told me that I didnt get approved and to bring the car back. I did that. I got my car back. Then our salesman called me and told me that he could place me in a Taurus with less options and a cheaper payment. I went there and waited for six hours, and finally the manager said that I was approved this time and gave me the car. I recieved a payoff letter from my credit union showing my Altima was paid off. I recieved the licence plate and title for my new car. I never recieved my payment book, so I called the finance company on the title. They had no idea who I was. I called the dealer and they told me that the loan was "kicked back" after two months of me having the car and thinking that this was a done deal. They sold my car, and told me to come get another car. at this point I didnt even have an option NOT to do business with them. I paid the dealer my first payment and they showed me the most raggedy cars and told me that this is what I qualified for. I left the dealer and they didnt know I left with the Taurus.This morning I woke up and the Taurus was gone....repo'd. And I'm only two days late on my payment. I do not have a car, nor my $2000 that I gave them. I have been completely ripped off, no car,not even my old car, no down payment, nothing! Do not go to any Ford dealers because chances are they will rip you off!

Rochelle
Glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mel-Clayton-Ford-In-Phoenix-Az/Phoenix-Arizona/Mel-Clayton-Ford-stole-our-car-ripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-2209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mel Clayton Ford In Phoenix Az