Complaint Review: Mel Clayton Ford, Santa Barbara

• Submitted: Wed, October 11, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, October 11, 2006

• Reported By:Santa Barbara California
Mel Clayton Ford, Santa Barbara
350 Hitchcock Way Santa Barbara, California U.S.A.

Mel Clayton Ford, Santa Barbara Incorrect service repairs and fraudulent and dishonest service representatives. Ripoff Santa Barbara California

On 4/7/04, I took the truck there for a stiff clutch and was told the clutch needed replacing. I consented. By 5/22/04, (mileage 41,314) it was stiff again. Again clutch was replaced, this time for fee. It seemed better. Didn't drive it much the following year but as I did,became stiff again. I took the truck in there again on 10/06/05 (mileage 46,904), at which time a service advisor told me I needed a new clutch, again. Difference in mileage was only 5590. A clutch repaired correctly doesn't fail in that amt. of time/mileage!When I responded that it had been replaced twice the year before there, he responded "he would look into it." When he said repairs were completed, he said it had been adjusted. By 2/7/06 clutch is stiff AGAIN. I took it to independent repair shop, which repaired it correctly. They noted shims used on the clutch slave cylinder and that the flywheel had not been replaced or resurfaced at Mel Clayton. This is why clutch became repeatedly stiff and failed. Have repeatedly been in contact with service manager at Mel Clayton about this. Have faxed him all receipts and my complaint, starting on 3-13-06. He repeatedly told me they would look into this, then refund me. Still have not received it. This is repeated bad customer service from them. I feel they were just stringing me along, hoping I would go away. I have all receipts and documentation about repair work. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The Mel Clayton service manager told them that he had already refunded me half the amount asked, which was a lie. Then I filed a complaint against them with the California Dept. of Consumer Affairs. And the Mel Clayton service manager told them that he had never and would not refund any repairs to me, because the warrantee on affairs had expired. So not only does Mel Clayton do shoddy repair work, but their service managers and representatives lie to customers, are dishonest, and lack integrity. Neither me, my wife, or our respective companies will ever buy a Ford again.

Alan
Santa Barbara, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2006 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mel-Clayton-Ford-Santa-Barbara/Santa-Barbara-California-93105/Mel-Clayton-Ford-Santa-Barbara-Incorrect-service-repairs-and-fraudulent-and-dishonest-ser-215226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mel Clayton Ford, Santa Barbara