Complaint Review: Mel Clayton Ford

• Submitted: Tue, December 18, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 18, 2007

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Mel Clayton Ford
1550 East Camelback Road Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Mel Clayton Ford IDENTITY THEFT Phoenix Arizona

I went to Mel Clayton Ford for a test drive on November 6th, 2007. On December 11th I was contacted by my bank referencing an online purchase for 8500 dollars. I told them I had not attempted such a purchase and they gave me the web address and two phone numbers that attempted calling to check my account that day. I contacted the online business and they told me that the person making the purchase was the most confident he had ever dealt with. He said they faxed copies of my drivers license and my credit card which were both in my wallet! The only time I remember letting someone have possesion of these was at Mel Clayton Ford. He told me I should go cancel everything.

I took a day off of work and went to the bank, DMV, etc. Soon after I talked to Neil Underwood, GM at the dealership to warn them that it could have possibly been someone there that did this. While we were talking I gave him the cell phone numbers and looked at Phil Adams' business card (the salesperson) and his cell number matched one that BofA gave me.

I have filed a police report, a report with the Federal Trade Commission and am looking for an attorney. I also plan on contacting the media and welcome anyone to call me. I don't want anyone else becoming a victim!

Rebecca
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2007 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mel-Clayton-Ford/Phoenix-Arizona-85014/Mel-Clayton-Ford-IDENTITY-THEFT-Phoenix-Arizona-292455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mel Clayton Ford