Complaint Review: Mel Clayton Ford

• Submitted: Thu, March 16, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, June 06, 2006

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
Mel Clayton Ford
1550 E Camelback Road Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Mel Clayton Ford Ripoff Still no service warranty Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: PEEP what I found on the net, can't say who was worng or right.

*Author of original report: called back and states they will refund 9 months of interest

*Author of original report: Spoke to Paul Fisher

*Author of original report: Mel Clayton Ford Ripoff Still no service warranty Phoenix Arizona

Purchase an used car from Mel Clayton Ford 8/27/05 with GE service warranty added for 2,000.00.

With the salesperson in the car after purchasing, salesperson checked sunroof. Sunroof not working, after call after call...no one calls me back. Took car in October 3rd, after 2 hours waiting was told the repair person didn't come in. Hello, 1/2 hour 45 minutes would have been clue for me. Went back home and waited for call...again no one called me back. I called and requested to talk to Mr. Clayton, someone else called me back and the sunroof was fixed on 11/2/05.

Service engine light came on December 27th, took car into Saturn of Scottsdale for repair. Called Mel Clayton Ford to find out who held the vehicle service contract. Was told Vehicle One...called Vehicle One no contract on file. Called Mel Clayton Ford, never process. Went to Mel Clayton Ford to sign contract. Did not notice basic coverage, I paid for bumper to bumper. Again, another trip to Clayton for new and correct contract. Second contract was denied by Vehicle One. Again called Mel Clayton Ford, was told to come in (2/9/05) and sign cancel service contract for Vehicle One and they will process new contract with GE Capital (which is the company listed on my contract.

Only good news Mel Clayton refunded total repair cost.

Problem again with sunroof, found out the GE Capital was also denied because the contract is dated 2/9/06 and the vehicle was purchase on 8/27/05. (I found out on 3/15/06, by calling them myself).

How to solve problem per Clayton Ford. Trade in vehicle at half the price of purchased and purchase new car.

Now I have a used car with no warranty (just like buying an car from a stranger in the street). Was told they will submitt refund of 2,000.00 to finance company. Anyone want to bet they never mail the check. Waiting for call back from Mr Clayton.

My mission in life will be to spread the word about Mel Clayton Ford S**ks.

Miriam
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2006 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mel-Clayton-Ford/Phoenix-Arizona-85014/Mel-Clayton-Ford-Ripoff-Still-no-service-warranty-Phoenix-Arizona-181615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mel Clayton Ford

PEEP what I found on the net, can't say who was worng or right.

AUTHOR: Stick - (U.S.A.)

Can't say who was right or wrong, but I can say LOOK what I found on the net!

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/civil/caseSearchResults.asp?page=2&LastName=&firstName=&bname=Mel Clayton Ford

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/civil/caseSearchResults.asp?page=3&LastName=&firstName=&bname=Mel Clayton Ford

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/civil/caseSearchResults.asp?page=4&LastName=&firstName=&bname=Mel Clayton Ford

I could post more, but I do not have the time.

Can't say who was wrong or right but I can say FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

called back and states they will refund 9 months of interest

AUTHOR: Miriam - (U.S.A.)

Of course, Paul Fisher didn't call...but I got an call from his assistant. Who contacted the loan company and confirm they didn't receive the check. Said she will overnite the check in the amount of 2,000.00. I asked about the interest and she said she will have to talk to Paul regarding this. She called back and states they will refund 9 months of interest. I will call the loan office on Thursday to confirm. BOY, I HATE MEL CLAYTON FORD IN ARIZONA. WORKING ON A WEBSITE. MELCLAYTONSUCKS

Spoke to Paul Fisher

AUTHOR: Miriam - (U.S.A.)

I contacted the loan company and confirm yet again that they have not received the 2,000.00 plus interest from Mel Clayton. I spoke to Cindy who is Mr. Clayton's assistant and told her that the check still has not been received. She said she will check into and call me back. Never got a call back. I called her back and lefted another message I will pick up the check on Saturday. I called Saturday to vertify the check was ready. NO CHECK. After making repeated calls to Mel Clayton Ford today. I finally spoke to an Paul Fisher who was in charge today. He said he will call me back on Monday, before 10:30. States someone dropped the ball and he will take care of it. I WILL BE CONTACTING A LAWYER IF HE DOESN'T CALL ME BACK.

Mel Clayton Ford Ripoff Still no service warranty Phoenix Arizona

AUTHOR: Miriam - (U.S.A.)

They still have not receive the 2,000.00 check for the service warranty. BUT I'M HAPPY TO BE DRIVING MY CAR, BECAUSE MY PLATES STATE MEL CLAYTON FORD SUCKS.