Complaint Review: Mel Clayton Ford

• Submitted: Tue, October 24, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, October 24, 2006

• Reported By:Buckeye Arizona
Mel Clayton Ford
Melclaytonford.com Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Mel Clayton Ford Bait and Switch and if you don't like it TOUGH Phoenix Arizona

My wife called Mel Clayton Ford in response to an ad on Monday, 23 Oct. She was told the mileage, and said she would call back.She called me and I asked her to verify that the car was still there. She called the dealership and again spoke with a person who identified herself as ANNA. This person said she had checked with her inventory manager and the car was there. We drove from Buckeye to the dealership.

Upon arrival I was told Anna wasn't available. When I asked to see the car ( Linclon 02 Stock #62884A ) I was told it had been sold thirty minutes before. I suspected that it was the old bait and switch and left immediatly. As soon as we were away from the dealership I called on my cell and got ANNA who assured me the car was there. She even repeated her spiel that her inventory manager had confirmed the cars availability. I then informed her that I had just been there and had been told the car was sold. She asked me to call her back which I did. That is when she said the car was in fact gone.

Upon checking the Republic and the internet ad this morning to verify the car was still listed, I had my daughter call. She also talked with ANNA who gave her word for word the same spiel that she had given both my wife and I.

When I got off work I called Mel Clayton Ford and requested to talk with the sales manager I finally got to talk with someone who identified himself as Paul,after I identified myself I requested his last name after some hesitation he said DODGE (approiate ) . When I asked about the bait and switch he said until the contract comes back from the bank the car is available.
when I reminded him that ANNA had verified the car was gone, he stated that it didn't matter the car was still available.
This dealership highlights the need for licencing of all auto dealership personel.

David
Buckeye, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2006 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mel-Clayton-Ford/Phoenix-Arizona/Mel-Clayton-Ford-Bait-and-Switch-and-if-you-dont-like-it-TOUGH-Phoenix-Arizona-217499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mel Clayton Ford