Complaint Review: Mel Harris

• Submitted: Tue, September 30, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 05, 2012

• Reported By:Bronx New York
Mel Harris
116 John St New York, New York U.S.A.

Mel Harris All My Child's Support is Frozen New York New York

*Consumer Comment: Regarding Mel Harris and Child Support

I am a single mother. My daughter and I go to the bank yesterday to get quarters to do laundry and a credit chaser froze all my money so I cannot touch a penny.

It's from a credit card that I cut up over 10 years ago. And all the money in the account was child support because I was laid off from work. And the money was for September and October's rent.

It was taken by a company named Mel Harris 212-571-4900

Please somebody help me.

Cinderedna
Bronx, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2008 02:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mel-Harris/New-York-New-York-11003/Mel-Harris-All-My-Childs-Support-is-Frozen-New-York-New-York-377202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mel Harris

Regarding Mel Harris and Child Support

AUTHOR: DB - (United States of America)

I just wanted to respond to the woman who said that Mel Harris had garnished her child support.  They are not allowed by law to do this, because the money is to be used for your child (and that includes housing, rent, food, medical expenses, etc.)  They cannot deprive your child of support money.  Check the NY State Statutes regarding debt collection.  I feel for you because I had dealings with these bottom feeders over some old debts, which I eventually paid off and later went into a debt consolidation program, which has helped me a lot.  Stand up for yourself and fight back!

modest