Complaint Review: Melaleuca Wellness Company

• Submitted: Mon, March 31, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 20, 2008

• Reported By:San Leandro California
Melaleuca Wellness Company
3910 South Yellowstone Hwy Idaho Falls., Idaho U.S.A.

Melaleuca Wellness Company Shame on you Melaleuca, 21yr old company that makes money ripping off customers. Idaho Falls. Idaho

*Consumer Comment: Long Time Happy Melaleuca Customer

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Melaleuca DOES take your money!

*Author of original report: To the person who responded to the complaint

*Consumer Comment: Melaleuca did not take your money or make you buy products.

*Consumer Comment: Melaleuca did not take your money or make you buy products.

Its a shame to see how this 21yr old company has been in business. Now I see why they make their money. They ignore your request for cancellation and not only do they force you to fill up a quota monthly but they go ahead and choose products for you and send them to your house, after receiving my cancellation notice. I sent back the product they sent without my permission, and the business kit and the cancellation letter.

Suprisingly I see they withdrawed $72 dollars from my account. I call them up and asked them about this. They said they have received the returned products but not the letter. I had confirmation emails sent to me regarding them receiving this. He tells me they never send confirmation emails about letters. He said they will not cancel until they get the letter. I also asked, seeing that someone returned the product and the business kit doesn't that explain the person doesn't want to have anything to do with this company? He said we still need the letter. I get another withdraw from Melaleuca for almost $80 so I call again, this time the agent tells me she had no problem returning my money to my debit and not the melaleuca credit. She also stated that they did recieve the letter but it doesnt have my signature at the bottom. Underneath the signature it stated my name. So I told her hum, what a shame.

Melaleuca lies through their teeth. I told her about the other call from a fellow co worker of her stating they never received a letter from me, now they are saying they did. Whats up with that? She insisted on me sending the letter again. I sent the same letter again. I just copied it from my file from my compter. I get a letter from Melaleuca stating they had received the letter but with no signature and now I need to send either my customer ID # or phone number to the same address that I had sent it to. On my letter head it states my name, address, NUMBER and email. So I sent back the same copy from my file and circled just in case they are blind where my phone # has been and circled my name where its states on the bottom of where it says SIGNATURE and asked what is this? I again hand signed my name at the bottomof the page and made copies of everything because its a shame to see this company being in business this long and bragging of their superior company which really sucks. You call them on the phone and verify all the vital info so they know its really you and they can't take request over the phone. The fax is not a good idea since they told me since a high volume comes in they won't get the fax and the only way is to mail. Well if Im having this much problem mailing my cancellation request in and they are still having problems comprehending then I think this needs to get looked at more deeply and disciplinary action needs to be taken.

You'd think being in business that long, they have a top notched system but its all about them ripping people off.

Didi
San Leandro, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2008 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Melaleuca-Wellness-Company/Idaho-Falls-Idaho-83402/Melaleuca-Wellness-Company-Shame-on-you-Melaleuca-21yr-old-company-that-makes-money-rippi-322710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Melaleuca Wellness Company

Long Time Happy Melaleuca Customer

AUTHOR: Kingnlady - (U.S.A.)

My husband (age 88) and I (age 66) have used Melaleuca products every month since 1992. We have taken the vitamins and other supplements all these years and have at least tried all the products as they have become available.

We walk two miles a day and I did walk and finish the Portland Marathon in 1999. We feel that our health is outstanding for our ages. This is due impart to our faithful use of Melaleuca products.

We continue to use nearly all the cleaning products, which we find work very good and are economical. I especially like the Tub'N Tile for cleaning the bathroom. And the Sol-U-Mel is great for removing permanent black marker.

I have not found another product that relieves cold sore pain so fast, nor gets rid of them so quickly than a drop of the Melaleuca oil. Yes, tea tree oil smells medicinal, but it works great.

We have sold a few of the products, but we usually give them as gifts. We earn several advantage dollars with our monthly purchases and we save them up and use them twice a year for products for gifting.

A couple of times a product was missing from our monthly order or an item was damaged in shipping. All I did was call the order line and a replacement was either sent out that day or the next depending on the time of day that I called.

I love the online shopping where I can just click on the previous month's order and just reorder the products that I need for current month. If I order on a Monday or a Tuesday they arrive by the end of the week.

I always order and deal directly with Melaleuca. I have never used any marketing group in conjunction with the Melaleuca Company.

As customers we are completely satisfied with the Melaleuca Company.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Melaleuca DOES take your money!

AUTHOR: Bernie - (Japan)

Okay, first of all, I used to defend Melaleuca Inc to High Heaven and back!
I really did.

I love their products, and I made a regular income with them. Not much, but enough for my own efforts.

However, after losing my job last year, I just couldn't keep up with it, and last month, March 2008, I quit. They sent me a form to sign, which I did, and they asked me to fax it back, which I did, as well as send in the signed paper, which I did, all before March 25th. I sent everything March 22nd.

They even called to confirm receipt and that I was now fully cancelled as a member and had no need to order anything more.

However, this morning, April 5th, I received a delivery, from Melaleuca, for an auto-ship order, totally $120 no less!! Considering I've never, in my four year history with them, ordered more than $60 of products in any given month, I was non too plussed.

After calling them this morning, they now state that I never canceled my membership, that I made an order for March for $120.84 (despite the receipt on my current delivery stating 'AUTO SHIP').

I had read about stories like this from others who had canceled and then been charged for orders months after they quit. I refused to accept it as true.
But, here I sit today, with a box full of goods for $120.84, with Melaleuca refusing to admit that I canceled my membership!

The good thing is, there wasn't any money in my bank account that I used to use for Melaleuca earnings, as I had transferred them to my personal account last month. So, they haven't been paid yet, and they were told this morning that they have one month to pick up this box of goods, at their expense, or I'm keeping it and not paying a d**n penny!

Their reaction? A quick statement saying again, that I DID order it, and that if I need to cancel my membership, to do so following the correct procedures.

...................................

I look forward to a happy lawsuit if they decide not to pick up their package and charge me for non payment.

I am utterly disgusted with the company of Melaleuca Inc now, and would like to take this moment to apologize to every single poster who has experienced this same situation or similar. Apologizing because I never believed it to be true.

But you know what they say....until it happens to you...

To the person who responded to the complaint

AUTHOR: Didi - (U.S.A.)

For your information I understood all that was to happened with the month back order and so on BUT if you can read my complaint correctly I SAID I sent the signed letter NUMEROUS times with my signature on it but somehow your fellow Melaleuca just wouldn't comprehend. I had sent the letter way before the 25th of the month (You know about that too right) and its a shame to see that they still withdrawned money from my account. Obviously the reps don't know what they are talking about, I have paperworks to show the signed letters that I had sent numerous times and that just makes Melaleuca look that stupid when the first rep told me "we received the box with the products and the business starter kit but we didn't receive the letter" Then when I talked to another rep shortly after the first incident that rep told me "Yes we received the letter but it had no signature" Thats where they looked stupid or Melaleuca got some serious miscommunication cause I told her "Wait a min. the other rep had said you all didn't receive it now you're saying you all had recieved it?" What is that telling you there? So Missy, please understand what I had clearly stated above before putting in your cheap 2 sense in. About that "Oh there products help me and my family" You sound just like those other lame a*s Melaleuca salespersons. So stop with the drama please. Yes I purchased the kit at first but when I seen how they run there business, I walked away from it. You know Darn well no one wants to buy that crap! Don't go around telling me they aint took my money because honey wherever your at you aint seen nothing on this end. You're not the one battling with your bank and having to dispute charges. If you aint had problems with them good for you but do your research on your company theres a whole bunch of other complaints of your lame a*s company about the same problem. What you think you'd get brownie points kissing butts? Put a lid on it.

Melaleuca did not take your money or make you buy products.

AUTHOR: Joce Lenz - (U.S.A.)

I use Melaleuca products as well as tell my friends and family about them. I have not had one person have any trouble with the company or the products.

I have also helped two people cancel their membership and had no trouble at all. My fiance cancelled his membership when we moved in together, it was a snap. "please cancell my membership" with his name and phone number and his signature. It was taken care of immediatly. My future brother in law joined just so that he could get the Access bars (a type of work out bar) at a discount. He joined, ordered TONS of bars and cancelled the next month. No problem for him either.

You are able to order from Melaleuca without a membership or a minimum product order and pay retail price. You also have the option to get a membership, with that you commit to making a minimum purchase that comes to 50-70 dollars a month. This is purely optional!

When you decide to get the membership you also commit to placing a "back up" order on file. Maybe it was not explained to you by the person that told you about Melaleuca but it is actually there to make sure you don't loose other benifits that come with your membership. This is in writing on your membership and it is NOT in small print. It even needs to be initialed and there are only two signatures and one place that needs to be innitialed, not that complicated. The person that told you about the membership should have explained to you that you could choose anything that you wanted for your list.

I just really can't believe that you had problems with this company. There products have elliminated so much toxins in my house that my children and I don't have any problems with our asthma or skin!

Joce

Melaleuca did not take your money or make you buy products.

AUTHOR: Joce Lenz - (U.S.A.)

Joce