Complaint Review: Melaleuca

• Submitted: Mon, January 12, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 24, 2011

• Reported By:Vancouver British Columbia
Melaleuca
3910 South Yellowstone Highway. Idaho Falls, Idaho U.S.A.

Melaleuca Products really aren't as good as they claim to be Idaho Falls Idaho

*Consumer Comment: It's not a rippoff it's an opportunity to a write off!

*Consumer Comment: wronggggggggg

*Consumer Comment: Satisfied Mela Customer

Ok, so I am a sucker. I had enrolled with them 3 times.

The first time (2001) a lady who I knew signed me up and I was a customer for 2 years. Didn't really have any customer service problems. When I wasn't happy with a product they would ither credit my account or send me a cheque after returning the product (no problems there)

My mom (who does the cleaning by the way) said that these products MAY BE environmentally friendly, but don't clean as well as Melaleuca claims. I kinda figured (but didn't want to believe) that Melaleuca products didn't clean. I mean that Mela-Magic??????? I was told it was a replacement for Easy-Off, I mean seriously? can you clean your freaking oven with that Mela-Magic crap? most of the products just were not good. And every month I would order the laundry pack. The pre-spot is next to useless. The Mela-Brite did NOT clean our whites. oh yeah and that Mouth Wash can not possibly be real.

I cancelled after 2 years.

A couple years later (2005) I was out of a job and wanted to try Melaleuca again.

But I pretty much became a customer and shipped my order back (kept a couple things though) signed up with a different lady by the way.

From then I was looking for a home based business to do. I had searched through the internet where as most of them ended up being for Melaleuca and I said no to everyone.

One particular guy kept calling me and I tried to brush him off but he would call me every now and again (Fair enough....that's business) He called me in 2008 and talked me into it, saying that Melaleuca products are the best in the market and that I could make alot of money if I sign up customers.

Well......ok i'll give it another try.

This time I ordered the laundry pack, the lemon-brite, diamond brite, the anti-bactirial hand soap, tub and tile, clear power, tough and tender oh yeah and the Sol-U-Mel

Well the Clear Power left streaks on my mirrors (but Windex didn't) I had also added Sol-U-Mel to my clear power as Melaleuca and my previous enrollers told me that you can put Sol-U-Mel in all cleaning products for an energy booster (but DON'T MIX SOL-U-MEL AND SOL-U-GUARD TOGETHER)

I called my enroller and told him that Clear Power was leaving streaks on my mirror and he told me that was because I put Sol-U-Mel in my Clear Power and that I shouldn't be doing that and that in a blind test Clear Power cleaned mirrors better than Windex.

Ok, fair enough. So what I did was emptied out the clear power that I put in the bottle (remember one clear power bottle makes 4 bottles...so I thought we have enough it only costed us $7.29...Canadian) and cleaned the bottle and put Clear Power in the bottle again and cleaned the mirror (but again it left streaks) Well maybe the so called *BLIND* test proved that Clear Power cleaned better for them, but when I did the *TONY* test which is the most imprtant test for me, it proved that Windex cleaned better.

We tried the laundry stuff. It didn't clean my whites.

The only product I would buy from them is the Anti-Bacterial hand soap (I love the smell) but might not be as good as regular hand soap.

No problems sending back items and cancelling. Got my refund (did keep a couple products) but in general Melaleuca products are no where near as good as they claim them to be.

You are better off just buying natural health products at a Super Market (Even those clean better)

Tony
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Melaleuca/Idaho-Falls-Idaho/Melaleuca-Products-really-arent-as-good-as-they-claim-to-be-Idaho-Falls-Idaho-411376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Melaleuca

It's not a rippoff it's an opportunity to a write off!

AUTHOR: Commader - (United States of America)

They don't tax the full amount of the products u buy because they sell to u wholesale!Other companies tax on the full retail price! U have huge write offs going on here like any small business does!Please send me your thoughts to The Commander at  autolensrestored@aol.com Thanks Jack

wronggggggggg

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

Melaleuca is the best company in this planet......If you love Easy off good lucky .....
i just love mela magic and it cleans perfect my oven,......but people don;t really like to clean their houses often .....so i think you may need more than easy off...you may need a new stove or oven....

Satisfied Mela Customer

AUTHOR: Pollyblue - (U.S.A.)

I love Melaleuca products and the company, I am really sorry you didn't find them to work as well as store brands. They work great for me and save me money. My husband has very sensitive skin and chemicals and fragrances cause his skin to breakout in hives, these products have helped him tremendously and we have switched to all of their stuff throughout our home. Just a note, the Clear Power doesn't streak my windows and mirrors so not sure what the difference may be. I am glad you were able to receive a refund since you weren't satisfied, the company is very good.