Complaint Review: Melaleuca

• Submitted: Fri, September 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 06, 2009

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Melaleuca
melaleuca.com Idaho Falls, Idaho U.S.A.

Melaleuca Stole from my eldering mother a year after canceling her Melaleuca account Idaho Falls Idaho

*Consumer Comment: Simaler Experance

*Consumer Comment: Do not waste your time or Money on selling Melaluca

*Consumer Comment: Sixteen Years of Experience Speaks Louder Than a Few Days or Months Worth!

*Consumer Suggestion: $800 to $1,000 a month in product, come on!!

After my father died last year, I reviewed my parents' checking accounts to find that my father had done business with Melaleuca and they had deducted between $800 and $1,000 from my parents' checking account each month. My mother has a mild case of Alzheimer's and was not aware of my father's spending addiction.

I called Melaleuca and asked them to cancel the account, but they continued to deduct funds from her account without sending products.

I called Melaleuca again, but this time they would not speak with me, since the account was in my parents' name. I attempted to have my mother speak with them, but they literally left her in tears. I then sent a certified letter demanding that they close her account and discontinue deducting funds from her checking account or she would file a law suit. That didn't stop them immediately, but they did stop after about a month.

Yesterday, over a year after canceling the account, Melaleuca started deducting funds from her checking account again! I am going to find out if Mom can sue Melaleuca for theft. This company really should be shut down.

Teresa l
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2008 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Melaleuca/Idaho-Falls-Idaho/Melaleuca-Stole-from-my-eldering-mother-a-year-after-canceling-her-Melaleuca-account-Idaho-374304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Melaleuca

Simaler Experance

AUTHOR: T.grundy - (Canada)

I just read what happened to you elderly mother. This is just wrong. I to have had the same experiance with this company. I joined Melaleuca in 2008. I was told by my enroller that I had to place an order every month for a certin amount of product points, and that if I did not they would send me a "back up" order. I am not complaining about the products they are ok, but they are WAY over priced, AND I have to pay shipping on top of that price. I mean really! So I thought to my self let me give this a try. After all I was told that I could cancel any time no questions asked. I also thought to my self that to make up my product points I could sell the products to other people. Only after I was all singned up was I told that i could not sell my products to other people. That I should insteade sign them up as a customer. REALLY?!?!

After 2 months of spending money on leads, having my enroller do presentations for me at first (and than doing them myself will she listemed on the other line) not one person signed up! NOT ONE! I almost had one lady willing to sign up, but than she asked my coach how much she makes in commission in a month. (My coach has been running a Melaleuca business for over 3 years now) and she told her that she was only making $150.00 per month! ARE YOU CRAZY! After three years! Needless to say that lady never answered my calls or e-mails again. I know that any business takes hard work and time, but I would think that after 3 years you would be making more than $150 a month, and hse also has to buy products so really she is making only around $50 a month! Than you have to add in any other costs like business cards, flyers, leads, and so on so really she is loosing money every month for the privlage of using products that you can find in any health food store! It was than that I decided that this was not the business for me. I send a letter to Melaleuca that very day and cancelled my membership, and it was cancelled. I tried to go on the web site using my name and pass word (just to make sure my account was cancelled) and I could not ( I even tried to log on to the other website "Finally Job Free.com and was also denied) so I was happy that all this was behind me. This was back in October. I heard nothing form them for 4 months, and than today I received an e mail form the saying that my back up order has been shipped out to me! WHAT! I went to the website and tried to log on and I was able to log on using my username and password that I had already canceled! Which means that they will try to charge my credit card the money for the back up order. I have already called my credit card company and stoped payment so I won't loose any more money, but that is not the point. How can they just reactivate my account with out my permission? If any one knows please explane this to me!

I send Melaleuca a fax and registered letter today nicely asking them to again close my account, and not send me any more back up order because I can not afford them. Hopefully this will work, but after readding your story I don't know!

Any ways I hope that you get your mothers money back.

Good luck!

AUTHOR: Mike. R. - (Canada)

I am absolutely amazed at the above report. I have been a very, very satisfied Melaleuca customer for eight years. Along with a few million others we have found the company to be about as good as it can possibly be. It's not perfect but then nothing is and I suppose that occasionally someone becomes a customer of Melaleuca who absolutely shouldn't. You're obviously one them.

If you had a bad experience with this company, I am sure that you must have been negligent and not have read the customer agreement which you would have had to sign before Melaleuca would ship any products to you. It answers all your questions and it clearly points out how completely ludicrous your complaint must be. The other question could have been the improper advice given to you by your enroller, in which case you should report them.

Melaleuca manufactures about 400 products from several different product divisions. Over the past 8 years I have never missed placing a monthly order, not because I have to, but because I have found the products to be AWESOME.

I spend about the same buying Melaleuca products as I would if I was buying from the retail stores. Why would I want to shop elsewhere?

In the past 8 years I have found Melaleuca products to be of higher quality. They are cost effective, enviromentally sensitive, safer and they work better. Incidentally my overall health has improved since I began using Melaleuca products 8 years ago and I am over 60. The benefits have been incredible.

My children and grandchildren also use these products and I am very happy that they do. I have also led about 75 other families to open Melaleuca customer accounts and most are very thankful that I shared these products with them.

The company and it's employees bend over backwards to satisfy any and all service issues if and when they occur, and they do this without asking a lot of dumb questions. Talk about great service.

This is why Melaleuca has such a loyal following and why it continues to grow at an outstanding rate.

Do not waste your time or Money on selling Melaluca

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

They require that you buy the products - you also have to sign up others to your downline - You make money off the products they have to buy themselves in order to sell them

I looked into them several years ago and I heard from quite a few desperate people trying too hard to convince me what a great deal it was.

Its only great - if you get a hundred people in your downline - otherwise you will spend more then you will ever make just buying what you have to buy to keep selling

There are too many melaluca sites now and very few get great business.

Sixteen Years of Experience Speaks Louder Than a Few Days or Months Worth!

AUTHOR: Disizme - (U.S.A.)

The stories I've read here are so one sided and negative I decided to let people know there is another story here! I've personally been a Melaleuca customer for sixteen years! For a time I was single and buying Melaleuca products for my personal use and for the past eleven years I've been married and buying Melaleuca products for my household. Over the first ten years or so, I helped a few family and friends become customers. A few remain customers to this day and a few are not. A few actually came back with someone else since then! The ones that didn't stay with me simply sent in a signed note to Melaleuca and their accounts were closed. There was no muss and no fuss.
None of the customers I shared this with has built a business out of it. In fact, until a few days ago I hadn't brought in any new customers for over six years! Still, every month for the past sixteen years now, Melaleuca has sent me a check. It has hovered around an average of $30 each month. I've seen it as a really nice rebate for the products I buy. Talk about residual income! After all this time, I've decide to build a business.
My sixteen years of experience with Melaleuca lets me know the horror stories on this site are mostly exaggerations and/or flat out lies. For instance, closing your account is as simple as writing, signing and sending the note to the proper address at Melaleuca. I've helped a few people do it. When it is done the right way, there is no muss and no fuss. They need a signature for legal reasons. They are obligated to send you any $$ due you (if another customer were ever placed beneath you) until they have a signature on file that states you've closed your account.
The products are green! There are no toxic chemicals. I looked them up and got the toxicity reports myself some years ago! When they say their products don't contain toxic chemicals like formaldehyde, I trust them. Many years ago my daughter accidentally drank one of the most powerful of the Melaleuca cleaners. She just got married a couple weeks ago. My mom used the Melaleuca oil to help heal her cat's wounds after a cat fight toxic to cats? Please!
Customer service has been nothing short of fantastic! I've had a mistake or two with our orders over the years and whenever we call, they are as polite as possible and rectify the problem in some cases they sent us extra products for free! Melaleuca's customer service is second to none!
I have no doubt that some of the stories about misinformation are true. These people were led astray by the person that told them about Melaleuca. That is truly sad but by no means the company's fault. Melaleuca does what it can to prevent this from happening. They offer nice incentives and bonuses for quality enrollments where all the information about Melaleuca's products and compensation plan is divulged properly. If you were duped, it was because either your friend or anti-friend was either misinformed themselves or they themselves were unscrupulous. For that, I will personally apologize.
As far as expensive products goes, you have to compare apples to apples. Melaleuca's cleaning products are extremely concentrated! Our glass cleaner for instance is the equivalent of four bottles of the nationally recognized brands. You save a couple dollars on each bottle. Melaleuca believes you can add your own water. Those other guys sell you three-quarters a bottle or more of water. Are there shampoos cheaper than ours absolutely! But, you need to consider the quality. You must compare ours to what you get in the salons. Without a doubt we beat those prices hands down!
So, in conclusion if you've read this far, here is one individual who up until a few days ago wasn't building a business with Melaleuca but has sixteen years of experience with them. I'm refuting many if not most of the other claims here on this site. You'll have to decide who you want to believe. Personally, I believe Melaleuca is one of the most awesome eco friendly and safe product manufacturers in the world! There's always going to be people who bash success. Sad.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

$800 to $1,000 a month in product, come on!!

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

$800 to $1,000 in product is A LOT to order in product every month. If this report is true and Melaleuca started deducting money from your mother's account again without her ordering products from the company, you SHOULD file charges in a court of law against Melaleuca for theft. I'd suggest contacting your local lawyer referral service for a good attorney.

I hope the appropriate people from Melaleuca read this rebuttal and address this issue, I was thinking about going gung-ho signing up for Melaleuca and trying to make as much money as I can with this company, but if y'all are STEALING from people then I hope y'all are sued to the best of this woman's attorney's ability.