Complaint Review: Melaleuca:The Wellness Company

• Submitted: Mon, January 28, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 20, 2009

• Reported By:Hemet California
Melaleuca:The Wellness Company
477W.65th South Idaho Falls, Idaho U.S.A.

Melaleuca Inc. The Wellness Company Sent me stuff after I cancelled, Sent them back never received refund, just billed my credit card 14.09, why? Idaho Falls Idaho

*Consumer Comment: Tricksters of the worst kind!

*Consumer Comment: Sorry for your experience

I signed up with Melaleuca as a favor to a neighbor,WE never heard of Melaleuca.We tried it and didn't like it,also it was over priced for what you get.I cancelled it by calling them up.A few days later I get a package from them.I call them up and am informed to cancel I have to put in writing. So I write them a letter and cancel it and send their package back.

So now I'm waiting for them to credit my credit card,never happens.A few weeks later I get another package from them.Now I'm more then a little upset.I call them and tell them if they send me anymore I'm going to keep them as a gift that I don't really want because their product is crap.

So I send that one back too.They are now into my credit card for about $160.00 or more,so I freeze my credit card for over a month so they could not send me another one and charge it to my credit card.I just released my freeze about 2 weeks ago and get my credit card bill,and I have another charge on it from them for $14.09.I don't know what that is yet,but I'm going to find out.So now I figure they owe me at least $174.09.

I don't want to change my credit card number because I have it in eBay,PayPal, and other places.I'm going to turn them in to comsumer affairs for a start,and what ever else I need to do to get my money back.If a neighbor asks you to sign up for Melaleuca don't do it.You don't need this kind of headache for doing a favor.
Mac <

Mac
Hemet, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2008 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MelaleucaThe-Wellness-Company/Idaho-Falls-Idaho-83402/Melaleuca-Inc-The-Wellness-Company-Sent-me-stuff-after-I-cancelled-Sent-them-back-never-304130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Melaleuca:The Wellness Company

Tricksters of the worst kind!

AUTHOR: Jonnie264 - (USA)

Mac, I have been there as well. Although my situation was slightly different, it was essentially the same exact problem. In reply to meg: it is very clear that you are a member of the company masquerading as a happy/pleased user.. nice try!!!

Sorry for your experience

AUTHOR: Meg - (U.S.A.)

Mac, sorry for your experience with Melaleuca. In my experience the products are great, and I personally love them.

When you signed up you agreed to purchase product every month. If you sent your letter in to cancel before the 25th of the month, then your agreement is cancelled and you should not be charged anymore. This agreement should have been explained to you by your enroller, and you should have signed up online, or by signing an agreement in writing-- where this is stated.

I am hoping others reading this will realize that everyone has their own opinion on the Melaleuca products, but there are a lot of people who love them and use them daily. I also don't know of another store that will exchange the item you purchased, AFTER you have USED it, just because you decide you don't like it. Try that at Wal-Mart!

surely