Complaint Review: Melalueca The Wellness Company

• Submitted: Tue, March 10, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 10, 2009

• Reported By:Toledo Ohio
Melalueca The Wellness Company
3910 S. Yellowstone Hwy Idaho Falls, Idaho U.S.A.

Melalueca The Wellness Company Help yourself to My Debit Card for my downline's Backorder Shipped Idaho Falls Idaho

THIS IS JUST NOT MY YEAR - 2nd Ripped Off Complaint (What is this world coming to?)

I woke up this morning and pulled up my husbands checking account to find a pending transaction of $63.24 from Melaleuca. I have been a member of Melaleuca for 5 years now with a small downline. Knowing I had not placed a order nor had my husband, I began researching to find the charge was for a person in my downline. Her backup order shipped and her form of payment was declined so my husbands card was charged.

How does this happen? Well some time ago my downline was having rough times and I agreed to help her cover her points so I place a order for what I needed and used my husbands card online. Click the box to "not save form of payment" and you think your safe. Well with online orders, forms of payments are saved.

I called Melaleuca thinking this could be resolved but guess what. THEY HAVE THEIR MONEY AND CAN CARE LESS ABOUT ANYONE ELSE!!! This was pretty clear after going from Order Department to Customer Service and then to a Manager and having him tell me "we can not reverse the charge to a debit card, you are going to have to contact the downline and have her send you the money". I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS WAS REAL, so I continued to arugue that Melaleuca had not right to charge the card for something not innitiated by this household but from them and their backup order program. The Supervisor went on to say there is nothing that could be done and argued with me the rules of ordering online - WHICH IS BULL_ _ _ _. I continued to demand he send me a check and take up collections with the customer not me the upline.

I nor my husband should be forced to pay for a downlines backup order and then forced to collect from them. Melaleuca had no authorization to the debit card that they had on file for a one time used in the past. My downline I am hoping is refusing the order and it will be returned, but how can I really know for someone who lives 3 states away.

I know there is something so illeagle about this so anyone with any help or info of what to do next please let me know.

Toledo, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2009 06:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Melalueca-The-Wellness-Company/Idaho-Falls-Idaho-83402/Melalueca-The-Wellness-Company-Help-yourself-to-My-Debit-Card-for-my-downlines-Backorder-432567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Melalueca The Wellness Company

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

This is a pyramid scheme - pure and simple.

The requirement to buy the product yourself in order to sell it makes it a pyramid scheme.

I was contacted by at least 5 different Melaluca reps - very desperate to add to their downlines - they insisted that Melaluca was not a scam - but the desperation in their voices came through loud and clear. IT WAS COSTING THEM A FORTUNE AND THEY WERE NOT MAKING ANY MONEY! YOU MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR DOWNLINE's REQUIRED ORDERS not from websites.