Complaint Review: Melissa Elliott

• Submitted: Fri, October 01, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, October 01, 2010

• Reported By: Erin — Dallas Texas USA
Melissa Elliott

Melissa Elliott We've Got You Covered, WGYC Took payment for services that were never provided. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: No response to Offer to return money

I met with Melissa Elliott, the owner of We've Got You Covered, and signed a contract for her to provide linens for my wedding. I paid in advance (my mistake!).

Two weeks  before my wedding when I was calling all of my vendors to confirm our plans, Melissa was unreachable. I gave her a couple of days to return my phone call, which she never did. I also sent her three emails over the course of about a week as I became a little concerned that she would not respond. Exactly one week before my wedding I had to scramble to hire someone else to provide the linens for the event.

Melissa finally responded to me via email (she didn't even have the nerve to call), just a few days before the event. She made up excuses about why she had been blowing me off and offered to give me my money back. I agreed that would be the right thing for her to do. She then emailed me on the DAY OF my wedding, saying that I had signed a contract and she had done nothing to break the contract as she was still prepared to provide my linens and refused to give me a refund.

This woman is a professional scam-artist. DO NOT do any business with her!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2010 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Melissa-Elliott/internet/Melissa-Elliott-Weve-Got-You-Covered-WGYC-Took-payment-for-services-that-were-never-prov-646632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Melissa Elliott

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

No response to Offer to return money

AUTHOR: WGYC - ()

I sent several emails offering to return the funds, but no response . I am not sure if Erin still had the same email address that she signed the contract with or the same number, but I tried both