Complaint Review: Melissa Weiss-Riner

• Reported By: anonymous — Alabama
Melissa Weiss-Riner
7272 E Indian School Scottsdale , Arizona USA

Melissa Weiss-Riner Flaky Attorney Scottsdale Arizona

I went to this law firmn for a consultation and found Melissa Weiss-Riner to be  in a word "flaky".  Instead of dealing with my issue, she seemed to be disjointed and actually appeared to be on medication.  The issue I had was simple; I wanted to modify my child custody agreement.

Although she took notes, she kept asking questions that were irrelevent to my case, and actually wanted to me to give her a $10,000 retainer to relitigate mny case. When I told her that I did not want to redo my case, she suggested that she could relitigate the case for $8000.  Her husband Jim, who is not a lawyer, was giving me legal advice on how best to handle my case and get the most money from my former husband.  In the end, I gave her $3500, but after she got the retainer, she stopped returning calls and went to court unprepared.

The judge even indicated that her argument was faulty.  In the end, I terminated the relationship and hired another attorney who did an outstanding job for me.

Good Luck using Melissa!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Melissa-Weiss-Riner/Scottsdale-Arizona/Melissa-Weiss-Riner-Flaky-Attorney-Scottsdale-Arizona-1095238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Melissa Weiss-Riner