Complaint Review: Mellodigital.com

• Updated: Mon, February 27, 2012

• Reported By: Racer-Z — Bothell Washington United States of America
7114 20th Ave Internet United States of America

Mellodigital.com Bait and Switch, Internet

Company is a scam. They bait you in with a great price (mine happen to be a flash). I wanted to buy the Canon 430 EX II flash which sells at reputable dealers for $299.99, Mellodigital was selling at $209.99. I thought good deal and ordered it.

They called a day later and said "Oh, that flash is on back order for 6 weeks through Canon, you don't want to wait that long?", We have a better flash that is more expensive, but we got a great deal on them and can give it to you for the same price. A Sigma flash. When I received the flash it was the inferior model, and they charged me $219.99 for the item.

I went to Adorama and B and H and to my camera store in town and all said that the Sigma flash was a good flash, but it goes for $139.99; $80.00 less than what I paid for it. Called up for a refund and they argued with me that it was a better flash. It took 10-15 minutes to get them to say "Okay, we will refund it". Never asked if I wanted to wait the 6 weeks to get the Canon flash, Why? because it never existed. I called Canon, they said there is no back order for their 430 EX II flash.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mellodigitalcom/internet/Mellodigitalcom-Bait-and-Switch-Internet-845597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mellodigital.com