Complaint Review: Members Edge - HBS Billing Services - ILD Teleservices - AT&T

• Updated: Mon, April 06, 2009

• Reported By:St. Louis Missouri
Members Edge - HBS Billing Services - ILD Teleservices - AT&T
Nationwide U.S.A.

Members Edge - HBS Billing Services - ILD Teleservices AT&T Fraud on the Lines Nationwide

LAst month my AT&T bill had some new charges which I could not identify as valid. I called the company and AT&T and still do not know what for what I was being charged. AT&T did assure me that htey would block all further charges from that vender. RIGHT!
This month my bill again had those charges from HBS Billing Services for $14.95 listed, along with a new charge for $19.95 for "Members Edge Voicemail Monthly Fee". I again called AT&T and was assured next month would be diferent, but they can not remove the charges from my bill. It is between me and HBS, and ILD the billing service for Members Edge.

A call to ILD led to a promis they would call back sometime in the next twenty-four hours to discuss the problem. Their computers were down. Right. There's your sign.
According to AT&T Customer Service (oxy-moron) they are required by law to post charges they receive from third parties without question. What is wrong with that picture. I guess since they think we don't have other choices.

What is wrong with law that allows this practice with no recourse for the aggreived party. How long is this third party billing going to be allowed before our elected officials do something to stop it. At least if HBS, and ILD had to bill direct you could choose to not pay. I understand that is not an option with third party billing.
I guess the good news is that I am not alone, and together we can make a difference.

Roger
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2009 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Members-Edge-HBS-Billing-Services-ILD-Teleservices-ATT/nationwide/Members-Edge-HBS-Billing-Services-ILD-Teleservices-ATT-Fraud-on-the-Lines-Nationwide-441145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Members Edge - HBS Billing Services - ILD Teleservices - AT&T

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC