• Report: #200793

• Updated: Wed, July 12, 2006

• Reported By:Encino California
Membership Plus
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Membership Plus - Roadside Plus - Duratex - Medplex RX ripoff, steal bank account information, forge check for $21.95, fraudulent billing, forgery Pennsylvania, Philadelphia

$21.95 was taken from my bank account in the form of an electronic check, which looks "official". It is made out to MEMBERSHIP PLUS.

I was able to retrieve a photocopy of the front & back of the check, and it is deposited to The First National Bank of Marysville, account #111899. There are several account numbers on the check, and two phone numbers.

I called a number on the check (888-683-4432) and the person on the line was immediately rude and defensive. She talked over me and insisted that I had ordered a roadside service package, and I told her that I absolutely KNEW for a fact that I DID NOT order this service. She argued that I had, and became hostile when I repeated that I did not authorize a charge to be processed.

The representative told me she could "cancel" the service, but would not issue a refund. She gave me a cancellation number, which I did not hear because I was protesting, then she hung up on me when I asked her to repeat it.

I called the other number on the check, 877-273-2700, and reached a company called "DURATEX". I left a message and someone named "Mary Ellen" called back from (215) 860-6300 (a Pennsylvania area code) and left a very "concerned" message about my "customer service experience".

Mary Ellen mentioned that DURATEX is a check processing company and that MEMBERSHIP PLUS is their client, but how could someone from a check processing company be able to fix a customer service problem and refund money, as she indicated she could do? Incidentally, when I called back I got another recording, and no one returned my call the second time.

Their website appears to be a merchant account service provider, but all the links on the site are dead links.

Encino, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2006 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Membership-Plus/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-unknown/Membership-Plus-Roadside-Plus-Duratex-Medplex-RX-ripoff-steal-bank-account-informat-200793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Membership Plus