• Report: #219451

• Updated: Thu, June 14, 2007

• Reported By:Sharon Pennsylvania
Membership Plus
Texas City, Texas U.S.A.

Membership Plus ripoff $21.95 auto draft from my checking account! Texas City Texas

*Author of original report: Finally paid back!

*Author of original report: UPDATE!!!!!!!

I was online this morning checking my account balance when i realized that there was $21.95 that I had not authorized to be withdrawn from my account. I called my bank, they told me who drafted it, which i never heard of.

Immediately at 9:00 I signed an affadavit at the bank stating that I did not authorize the release of this money. I then went home and called Membership Plus and was told that my money would be returned since I called to cancel withing the 7 day trial period. I was told that I applied for a loan and whether or not i was approved, Membership Plus was part of the application. She said the money would take up to 14 days to be returned. We will see. Thank god i had enough money in my account to cover it - I can't afford overdraft fees!!!

Jennifer
Sharon, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2006 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Membership-Plus/Texas-City-Texas-77590/Membership-Plus-ripoff-2195-auto-draft-from-my-checking-account-Texas-City-Texas-219451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Membership Plus

Finally paid back!

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

AFter the fourth phone call i finally got somewhere, and i received $130 credited back to my card. I'm lucky i guess.

UPDATE!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

As of this morning, $21.95 was put into my account by check reversal. I do not know if the bank reversed it, or if Membership Plus did - but either way - I got my money!!!

Good luck to the rest of you!!!