• Report: #206508

• Reported By:Cornwall New York
Membership Plus
membershipplus.com Internet U.S.A.

Membership Plus ripoff--internet bank fraud Internet Internet

I received my latest checking account statement two days ago and found an unauthorized electronic check in the amount of $21.95 with a false check number. I contacted my bank yesterday and they gave me the name of the "company" and two phone numbers for them (888-683-4432 and 877-273-2700).

I advised my bank that I had no dealings with this company and had not authorized this "check". I then called one of these numbers and was connected with a call center. The call taker was rude, obnoxious, spoke louder and louder everytime I tried to get an answer to a question, trying to intimidate me, requested the spelling and pronunciation of my name repeatedly, refused to put a supervisor on the phone, etc. Typical scam/fraud tactics. This person spoke with an accent I believe was Indian.

I finally got the call taker to say that the charge was for an emergency roadside assistance program. I advised her I had never enrolled in any such program, never visited their website and wanted my money returned to may bank account immediately. I do not know how these people obtained my bank routing number and checking account number.

The woman said she would "cancel" my membership but would not return my money, but after many minutes of arguing she said my money would be returned. I called my bank and advised them of this situation & today went there and signed an affidavit to charge this "company" with fraud.

I am certain there are many other victims of this fraud and encourage every one of you to file charges. This would make a great class action suit! I called this "company" back and advised them I am pursuing fraud charges--this time it was a male call taker, also with an Indian accent. The first woman said they were located in Las Vegas, Nevada and refused to give a street address. I believe the calls are being routed overseas. If you have been victimized by this fraud, please contact your bank or police agency to pursue charges and start the process of recovering your money. I was lucky to catch it only one week after they took the money. If you do any financial transactions on the internet, beware! Check your bank statements carefully!

Anonymous
Cornwall, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2006 12:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Membership-Plus/internet/Membership-Plus-ripoff-internet-bank-fraud-Internet-Internet-206508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Membership Plus