reflects

• Submitted: Tue, May 12, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 12, 2009

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Membership Services
P.O. Box 5265 Hopkins, Minnesota U.S.A.

Membership Services UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES ON MY DEBIT - BANK CARD; Would not issue me refund Hopkins Minnesota

I found unauthorized charges on my bank card statement for BUDGET SAVERS a company I was not familiar with or had ever signed up for services from. I called the number that was appearing next to the DEBIT statement and was asked to verify my name, mailing address, etc. I explained to the agent that I do not know what these charges represent and he said, "you were signed up for BUDGET SAVERS when you recently purchased something through the internet for one of our affiliate partner companies" - having known full well that I DID NOT sign up for anything I went on to ask him what company? When was the purchase made? Who would have a record of this transaction for verification purposes? The agent got short with me and said these were questions he could not answer as he did not have access to this information. When I further pressed the issue and asked who at your location can provide me with this information, he was unable to answer my questions so I requested to speak with a supervisor, I spoke with an agent named DUSTY, operator #62742 who was just as unhelpful and unknowledgeable as the agent I spoke with before him. Dusty even went on to tell me that his personal opinions were of no relevance to the situation when I asked him repeatedly whether he was concerned with the business practices of the company he represents. I tried to press him further by asking whether or not this was a third-party vendor used to triage calls for the company and what name appeared on his paycheck as the PAYEE but he said that he would not be able to disclose that information to me nor would he answer me flat-out whether he worked directly for the company or not.

This is definitely without a doubt a scam.

Npdoss
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2009 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Membership-Services/Hopkins-Minnesota-55343-2265/Membership-Services-UNAUTHORIZED-CHARGES-ON-MY-DEBIT-BANK-CARD-Would-not-issue-me-refun-451209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Membership Services