Complaint Review: Membership Services

• Reported By: Esco2359 — Escondido California
Membership Services
PO BOX 658 Hopkins, Minnesota USA

Membership Services Taking money from the elderly Hopkins Minnesota

I am writing on behalf of my elderly mother.  She ordered something online (which I told her not to without my help) but she did it anyway.  Before you know it, she was getting these charges on her bank statement that she didn't recognize.  She asked me to look it over and investigate.  I got the phone number off the bank statement and contacted them.  They stated that they called her and she agreed to their "membership services program" for $29.95 per month.  I asked my mom if she did and she didn't recall.  Then she said that someone called and said it would only be $1.00/month for some coupons.  She thinks she agreed, but she's hard of hearing and probably misunderstood the question.  I don't know.  I wasn't there.  Regardless of how it transpired, they started charging her account.  They did it for four months before I got ahold of them.  I contacted them and was able to cancel it on 4/17/13.  They said that she agreed to the terms via telephone, but I can fill out a refund form.  Got it in the mail, filled it out, sent it back.  They received it on May 15, 2013.  I have called several times since then & tehy told me that it's "being processed".  Called again today, 7/16/13 & they said, and I quote, "Yup...it's still being processed.  It can take up to 8 weeks".  I reminded them that it is now 8 weeks, and they could care less.  Terrible customer service.  I guess when you are cheating people out of money, you don't have to have a conscience or any moral values.  It's just a shame.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Membership-Services/Hopkins-Minnesota/Membership-Services-Taking-money-from-the-elderly-Hopkins-Minnesota-1067457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Membership Services