Complaint Review: Membershp Services

• Updated: Mon, July 01, 2013

• Reported By: Theresa — Union New Jersey
Membershp Services
P.O. Box 658 Hopkins, Minnesota USA

Membership Services - Taste for Savings/Budget Source Unathorized debits Hopkins Minnesota

After purchasing a tinnitus product off a TV commercial (which did not work), I started being debited from my checking account from two separate companies - Taste For Savings & Budget Source. The initial fee was $1.95 on both accounts (separately) and then $24.95 on both accounts (separately).  As the debits were relatively small, I didn't notice for three months.  The total was $76.80 on both accounts for a grand total of $153.60.

I contacted the company's phone number listed on the debits - although listed as separate accounts, the billing was being charged by one compnay - Membership Services.  I contacted the company and they said the puchases were authorized by phone.  I asked for a copy of the tape recording authorizing same.  They said I first had to fill out a "refund request form" which they would mail out.

Actually, what I recieved was a "request" for a refund request form.  In that form letter, the company also states "Therefore, based on our enrollment records, you are not eligible for a refund."  I have returned that request and am awaiting their response.

In the meantime, I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I am filing this report on behalf of an elderly gentleman who I believe was taken advantage of due to his age.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Membershp-Services/Hopkins-Minnesota-55343/Membership-Services-Taste-for-SavingsBudget-Source-Unathorized-debits-Hopkins-Minneso-1063499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Membershp Services