Complaint Review: Memphis BBQ And Blues Restaurant

• Submitted: Sat, September 13, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, October 18, 2008

• Reported By:Wpb Florida
Memphis BBQ And Blues Restaurant
1225 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. West Palm Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Memphis BBQ And Blues Restaurant unpaid wages West Palm Beach Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Food and Kitchen unclean when I started

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Absolutely not true and I can prove it!

Protest/Boycott Issue:

D.A. Dorsett

Memphis BBQ and Blues Restaurant Owner (Ron GoForth) (561)8328774 or (561)3101076, refuses to pay wages he owes me under the employment contract deal we discussed prior to being employed by him. I was escorted off the property by West Palm Beaches finest Police Department, because I was trying to discuss with him what was owed me. So he told me to get the HELL off his property and I told him to call the Police, so I can have this documented as to why I was there. Mr. Ron GoForth refuses to give me a copy of my TIME Card and Schedule of hours to come into work, WHAT is he hiding. He did give me a portion of my pay, but not the total due me. Now I just had a baby girl, who needs to be supported by me, her Father. This Owner Ron GoForth basically is saying I did'nt work certain days when I clearly did so and he knows it. He had his Manager MARY doctor up/change the schedule to make like I only worked 4 days, when in essense I worked 7 days. All I want is my money, due me in FULL. I can see why he has had BAD LUCK keeping people, it makes since now. Please support my cause, by going to www.Craigslist/Rants and Raves.com and post your experience with this place as an Employee or Patron.

The Restaurant phone # is listed above, if you care to hear his side and/or give him a piece of your mind.

Thank you and GOD Bless!

Wpb, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2008 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Memphis-BBQ-And-Blues-Restaurant/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33405/Memphis-BBQ-And-Blues-Restaurant-unpaid-wages-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-372669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Memphis BBQ And Blues Restaurant

Food and Kitchen unclean when I started

AUTHOR: Derrick - (U.S.A.)

Never did I cook anything in his restaurant for he already had a prep cook who did most, if not all the cooking (#1 LIE). I was not Hired as a Cook, but a Chef to go in and turn things around; as he stated HE HAS BEEN going through alot people and I can see why. But I'll be out again to Boycott next week. Chefs dont get paid $10.00 usually, but 13.00 and up. I accepted $11.00 not $10.00 (TRUE). he duped me into beleiving thats was my payscale. He did'nt mention he has Illegals working for him (His Manager Mary). Also he is trying to duplicate TOM"S and it will not fly. His Parking lot is always empty (True). By the way his excuse for letting me go was, because it was WAY to slow which it was (TRUE). I went by his RECIPE BOOK, which was a mess. too many recipes for the same prepared dish. Mr. GoForth does'nt have a clue about the restaurant industry. His field is Technical/PC. I've owned and operated a take out in Riviera beach and did well, until The Port of palm beach Bought me out and DISTURBED the growth of the business. Great following and a was given a GOOD FOOD CRITIQUE in the Palm Beach Post CHowDown---- I think he was threatened by what I can do, with my Culinary Skills.

So him trying to belittle my Experience portfoilio will not work. By the way Ron your not the spelling POLICE. I've had many good responses and will continue my BOYCotting until you pay up.

A SMALL VILLAGE in Memphis has lost it's IDIOT.

I'm A DEM. and I approve this message.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Absolutely not true and I can prove it!

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

Mr. Dorsett's comments about his pay are very misleading and false. My advertisement on craigslist for a cook, etc. clearly stated that the pay would be up to $10 per hour depending on experience. I gave him a trial period of a few days that ended up being a week. I paid him $10 per hour contrary to my policy of starting out new help at $8 until they have proven themselves. The craigslist ad will easily prove this as it clearly states "up to $10 per hour". As far as his time goes, everyone in this place will verify that he only worked a few days. It is up to each employee to write in his time on his time card. I paid Mr. Dorsett his exact hours based on his own handwriting of his days worked. There is no way any time card can be "doctored" as he is is accusing. There are no "doctoring" marks on any of his time cards. He has two time cards. One has 31.5 hours. The other has 9 hours. No marking except his handwriting as to how many hours he worked. Since I paid Mr. Dorsett the gross amount for the 31.5 hours, I still have to pay him the 9 hours minus taxes for the whole gross pay. So he will get $90 minus all taxes due to the federal govenment. We have a two week lag time by our payroll service. Mr. Dorsett will be paid the final paycheck when the payperiod ends and is issued. His agressive attitude prompted me to pay him the first check just to get rid of him. He has carried this way too far. What does he have to gain? Maybe somebody can tell me why he is in front of my restaurant with signs confronting my customers and causing damage to my regular business.
If somebody sees him, please inform him that "wont" is not spelled "want". His signs are very crude and need to be more professional. And did I mention that I don't think he can cook well either?
Ron (((ROR redacted)))

P. S. The documents I have are open to any legitmate person wanting to take a look at them. I am thinking of posting them on the restaurants website.