Complaint Review: Menards

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 04, 2008

• Reported By:new richmond Wisconsin
Menards
Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

Menards big card ripoff Carol Stream Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Are you serious?

I have a menards big card and have used it for a couple of years with no trouble. I have never been late or not paid my bill. I have used the defered payment and paid more than the min.until the last payment dec.31 when I paid the card off $284.50, so I wouldnt get charged the back finance charges and I thought every thing was good until I received my next statement with a balance of $581.07 $29.00 late fee $3.78 billed finance charges billed deferred finance charges plus the previous blance of $284.50.

I called the finance dept to straighten the problem out I tried to explain I sent a check in on 12/31/07 they didnt care, all they kept saying they didnt recieve payment. I own my own busniess and have heard all the stories why they cant pay, but I never had someone call me who wasnt paying. I always have to call them. I explained this and tried to tell them I would send my bank statement so they can see I have the funds to pay all my bills. I maintain a $10,000.00 dollar balance all the time and I was willing to prove it. they didnt want any of the information. I told them that it quite suspect that every payment got to them on time until it came to the last one that they can put all these charges on their answer is only that they havent recieved payment. I dont know where it went but I never got it back. I didnt realize I had to start mailing my bills return receipt. I dont know where to go from here

Got screwed
new richmond, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2008 07:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Menards/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60116-7680/Menards-big-card-ripoff-Carol-Stream-Illinois-305873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Menards

Are you serious?

AUTHOR: Screwyz - (U.S.A.)

Come on. Every renter knows that it isn't the day that they mail the check to their land lord, but the day that the check actually makes it to the land lord.

If your payment was due by January 1, then dont you think you should have sent the payment by, say, December 19 (knowing that the post office is busy that time of year, plus that they take a ridiculus amount of time off of work for the holidays)? If you "maintain a $10,000 balance at all times" why did you wait until the day before the payment was due to lick the envelope and drop it in the big blue box?

Come on. Rip off, I think not.