Complaint Review: Menard's

• Submitted: Wed, May 30, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 30, 2012

• Reported By: Carol — celina Ohio U.S.A.
Menard's
haverman rd Internet, Ohio United States of America

Menard's make consumer's believe they are getting a 11 percent rebate in credit back on credit card Internet, Ohio

First I thought the rebate of 11 percent was cash back, but from a posting on here I realize it is not.  The rebate comes in the form of store credit.

Second the refrigerator that I bought was out of stock and I was told that it could be ordered, I was ok with that as I wanted to take advantage of the rebate and I liked that one best.  What I notice while filing out the rebate was that it couldn't be a special order.  Guess what, on my reciept it is listed as a special order.  Really, why is that?  All that was special about it was they were having to restock it.  Well the "special order" are not qualified for the rebate.  Why would the sales associate warned me about this?  I clearly told her that I wanted the rebate, and I would have thought that most of people there were after that too, as it was busy.

I will be cancelling this today.  Close call.  Shame on Menard's for lying thru omission.

The banner should state 11 percent store credit on future purchases!  Not 11 percent rebate.  I will not fall for this gimmick again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Menards/Internet-Ohio-45822/Menards-make-consumers-believe-they-are-getting-a-11-percent-rebate-in-credit-back-on-c-890359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Menard's