Complaint Review: Menards

1898 Ventura Dr. Ottumwa, Iowa United States of America

Menards Employee at Menards called my 5 year old son a SPIC! Ottumwa, Iowa

*Consumer Comment: Work Somewhere Else

*UPDATE Employee: Shop somewhere else

With the recent purchase of a home, my husband and I have spent a significant amount of time and money at our local home improvement store Menards.

Several weeks ago, I purchased some custom blinds.  On the date that I was told they would be available, I went to pick them up....but they were not ready.   A second time, I went to pick them up, but they indicated that they couldn't verify my purchase in the system, despite that I had the receipt in my hand.  On the third occation, I got a bit testy and requested that when they got their act together, they needed to ship the blinds to me as I live 30 minutes from the store and have already spent a significant amount of time in transit due to their error.

At that point the employee, Andy said that he would not ship them to me and then said "You and your SPIC son can get get yourself in the car and come to get them!"

When I asked for his boss, he said "I am the boss".  I later called the store and recieved the name of his boss Patrick who was on vacation, and has yet to return my call.  I have since filed a formal complaint with Menards corporate office.

I am VERY surprised and upset that Menards seems allow this type of behavior from their employees. If this is how they treat small children...how they are treating others of color, differing religions, abilities or life styles.  I will be doing my home improvements shopping elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2011 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Menards/Ottumwa-Iowa-52501/Menards-Employee-at-Menards-called-my-5-year-old-son-a-SPIC-Ottumwa-Iowa-772559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Menards

Work Somewhere Else

AUTHOR: Me - (United States of America)

Dear Jerk (aka, DGILL)

As profanity is discouraged here, I will refrain from calling you what you really are, which rhymes with "bass-hat."

The fact that you are perpetuating the racist stereotype that your "co-worker" used shows how incredibly small-minded you are. Did you know that the people to which you refer are college educated, tax-paying upstanding citizens, who are of American and European descent? Did you?

Whhhhhaaaaattt?? Did you mean to judge them thus?

If not, well, you just proved yourself an idiot by passing judgement on someone you do NOT know jack crap about.

If so, well, you just proved yourself an idiot, in that people ABOVE you are no good, and obviously people "below" you are no good. That must mean EVERYBODY is no good. Go jump in a lake.

People like YOU are the reason this country is going to crap. America was built on the backs of immigrants and laborers. You are no better than any of them. Until YOU have walked a mile in the shoes of someone who is different from you (be it race, gender, cognitive ability, or what), you will remain an ignorant crap-head.

Have a nice day.

Shop somewhere else

AUTHOR: DGILL - (United States of America)

I am tired of you people coming in our stores complaining about what we call you and shoplifting.  I catch people all the time and tell them to stop coming over to my country to steal.  Come into my store and I will stop you every time for shoplifting because you and your son probably are stealing something.  The stores are on our side so contact them all you want, they won't respond and won't care because you people lie and we are just doing are jobs and it costs you poor bastards too much to fight.  Get over it and move on.........